JBL L300 - thinking aboout mcintosh mc60

Hi All,

I have JBL L300 ,
I'm thinking about buying pair of mcintosh mc60,
I have never heard mcintosh mc60 , my second option is Mcintosh (SS) MC2205 which is really full of power ,

I can't take the amp's to tests in my home.
What do u think will be best match?
Both amps are in really good condition but never renew.

Thanks!
avico
Hi, I am using a pair of L300's as well with a newer mc275 and it is just amazing just keep in mind that the older mac gear will need to be gone thru (caps, etc) the only drawback I can tell you is that the older mac gear has a much higher noise floor; and the JBL'S are very efficiant speakers so some low level hiss may be heard on music with quiet passages in a quiet listining room which may be unacceptible. The MC60'S can be made much quieter then it was when new but this will require updating many of the resisters/capacitors/tubes, parts have come a long way sice those amps where made (approx 60 years ago) as far as the mac MC2205 which is the metered version of the MC2200. I belive that these units are amoung the first to have the Mcintosh (POWER GUARD) and as a mac tech I can tell you that it is almost impossible to drive the amplifier past 2% distortion (great feature) for those unexpected loud music passages. Hope this information helps you out. Mike
Tube8417
Do you still own the 300's ?
Can you tell me what you are using with them ?
thx
Wow JBL-300, one of my favorite speakers of all time, used to go to the hi-fi shops as a kid and drool over them. Never sell them :)