Anyone auditioned Pass Labs XP-30 preamp?

Has anyone heard the XP-30 that was released a couple of weeks ago?

I have the XP-10 and just wondering how much better the XP-30 is at $16.5K? How does it stack up against the Ayre KXR preamp?
sfstereo
I also am quite pleased with how holographic or 3D my system sounds with the XP-20. However, this was improved by placing the XP-20 and other components in my rack on Vibraplane and Townshend Seismic Sink isolation platforms. The increased isolation allows very subtle ambient cues captured on some recordings to become apparent through the system. I think it has to do with superior needle/groove contact. I don't know what is happening when I put my SS electronics on the isolation platforms, but the sound improves and one area of improvement is imaging and presence.

The XP-20 is very good in my system and I'm sure the XP-30 is even better, though I have not yet heard it.
Boy I'm jellous. I have an XP-10 with Dynaudio Confidence C4 series II signatures with Odyssey KISMET MONO BLOCK amplifiers and playing Peter Paul and Mary best of collection through a OPPO BDP-83SE sounded simply stunning.

The PASS LABS gear seems to be terrific in detail and separation around each image. dead quiet, and fast (strings). My XP-10 is less so on the bass side, where it is good, but doesn't have the drive I like. OK, I probably like too much!

I'd love to hear the XP-20 and 30, too. I do agree that if you run the wrong stuff, the XP-10 could be too detailed. My ODYSSEY KISMET amplifiers are wonderfully smooth amps, and match very well with the pre and speakers.

Their service is so good I have a spot for their stuff. A new remote on a USED SALE with no questions asked! I will always listen to their gear from now on.
I'm currently reviewing the XP-30 and am just getting going. I reviewed the XP-20 (July 1, 2009 Dagogo) and have used the XP-2 in reviews along with other high end preamps over the past 2 1/2 years. It is immediately evident even out of the box cold that the XP-30 is more advanced. More interestingly, however, it is simultaneously more detailed and warmer. In fact, to my ears it's significantly warmer even thought it improves on detail and soundstaging. Tough to separate personal taste from objective characteristics at this early staget, but at this moment it's one of the three best preamps I've heard. Will be more confident of the real deal in two weeks.
EMOM,

I read your review of the Pass XP-20 and was wondering if you had heard the Rowland Capri preamp and if so, how you would compare the Rowland with the Pass XP-20. Thanks
Rockitman,

November last year I had listened to the XP-20 and found it 'okay' i.e. did not have the 'vow' surprise. During Christmas, I went back to the same shop with the same set up, I have auditioned the XP-30 and was impressed by the advancement Pass had made over the XP-20. It is a much improved pre-amp in all aspects : ambience, fine fine details, emotion/feelings, dynamics, harmonics, density, deep dark background etc. When it was A/B/C compared with ML326S and JR Corus in the same day and set up, it made me felt that the extra cost (about US$4K) is 'worth every penny of it'. In general, ML326S was similar in details, but more forward and I felt a bit harsh. Corus was more lay back with similar ambience to XP-30. I would say that XP-30 is even above the JR Criterion (US$3K more) and very close in most aspects with Accuphase C3800 (US$5K more). Both Criterion and C3800 is slightly more warmer and more comfortable to listen to. However, if you listen to a wider variety of music, XP-30 can be more appropriate.

For your info, the system components used in the audition were : ML512 CD/SACD with NBS Extreme 1 pc and Remses XLR to pre-amp; NBS Black Label II+ for pre-amps and NBS Extreme 1 XLR to JR 625 power-amp - NBS Extreme 1 pc and Cardas Clear to Dynaudio Confidence C2.