Why am I experiencing listener's fatigue?

My system is as follows. All thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

B&w nautilus 805 speakers with jumpers ,
tweeter/driver grilles removed/tweeters at ear height
Cardas cross single wire speaker cables
Cardas golden reference interconnect
cardas golden power cord
Monster hts 2000 power bar/conditioner
Manley stingray (2 mullard 12at7's and 8 Ei el84's)
sony xa 777es cd/sacd player
7 inch diameter by 18 inches high concrete speaker
stands
blu tac between the speakers and stands
Particle board equipment stand
14 inch (1/4 filled)innertube under the sony
No DIY or professional room treatments at the moment
Stock sony power cord
vertigo
None of the prior posts focused on your amplifier.
Try a Conrad Johnson CAV-50 instead of the Manley. It is an EL-34 based tube integrated which may be better match for your speakers and CDP.
Good luck!
i'm NOT assuming anything here :-) & I think Onhwy61 & Timf are on the correct path:- Vertigo, what's your definition of listener's fatigue? & what symptoms are your experiencing? The suggestions depend on your answer.

(I did own the B&W DM604S2 for 3 yrs & I know that they are not very discriminating speakers compared to the N-series. Never-the-less I never experienced listener's fatigue. I did, however, experience "white cheek" syndrome from sitting in my chair listening too long. LOL!
I have another friend here who owns N803s driven by a SA-250 Mk4. here, too, no listener's fatigue & I've been over to his for extended periods of time).
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the responses.

My room is 12'8"x16'11". The speakers are toed in so that the speakers shoot just past my ears. I am about 7 feet away. I have not tried it without the monster power bar and i dont know if that would cause fatigue. I have tried toeing out as well, with or without grilles, without success.

By fatigue i mean a sore , light burning sensation just behind or at my ear drums after say about an hour of listening it seems to start. I keep listenening because i want to listen to more but then regret it later when my ear has a very faint ringing and slight temporary loss of higher frequency hearing (due to light ringing). I listen at "medium" levels...that is...its not blaring loud. I would say at medium loud so as to open up whats in the music. This is between the 10-12 o clock on the stingray dial in triode mode.

I have not treated the first reflections. I have carpet and an average amount of furniture in the room. The ceiling is 8 feet high.

I like the tubes in the manley(not that i have alot of experience with tubes)...but would be curious to try some others down the road.

I experience the fatigue almost always if i listen long enough. Of course some cds are worse than others and can bring it about faster. Maybe more so with rock. I would like to be able to listen for up to 4 hrs if i want.

I dont know what a vertical axis is so i cant comment maybe someone can explain. I am in an equidesant triangle with the tweeters at ear height.

Nothing between the speakers.

The manley is 25 watts in triode and 50 watts in ultralinear. The 25 can get the speakers plenty loud.

No, i dont have a sub but can more bottom end eliminate the problem?

I dont think i'm "rolling off" cause of the cardas's and turning up the volume cause of that. I have not heard that cardas's roll off at lower volumes. I dont think that is it. In terms of the overall perspective i like where the whole sytem places me...ie with classical , about 5 rows and with studio rock or country right in the studio.

I would describe the sound as slightly edgy in the highs. The cardas ic comment was interesting. golden cross?

I will treat the first reflections sometime soon down the road...so that might be part of it. I have always wondered about the 805's but am still suspending jugdement. Maybe they are too edgy in the treble.....? I am sure alot of people have blamed them when it could have been a room or component problem.

I do have a vinyl set up but it occurs with that too. I did not mention the set up because it seemed to happen with either format.

I know the cav 50 is more euphonic and romantic than the stingray and was aware of that but in the end i wanted some of that but something more atuned for rock, though i'm sure the cav does well at that too.

Well its nice to know that there are others with the nautilus's that dont experience fatigue. That is encouraging to me. I want to keep them and make them work if i can. I used to have a classe cap 80 and the upgrade to the stingray brought a whole bunch more sweetness to the 805's but something is still there...With the recent addition of the stingray it has really taken the music to a very exciting level for me. It made me feel like i was finally starting to "arrive" and for the first time made me feel like all my work was worth it cause this thing is sounding unbelievably good. I was starting to be amazed by what i could hear. It was like live music, almost.

If people have some other suggestions that would be good, along with how long/loud they can listen for without experiencing fatigue that would be very interesting to me. I have tried to answer everyone's question , i hope i didnt miss any. thanks john.
I think you need to seek medical attention. Listening fatigue is usaully a mental state, but you seem to actually be experiencing physical symptoms. Also, you should get a sound pressure meter and check how loud you are actually a level you are actually listening.