You might be an audiophile if...

With apologies to Mr. Jeff Foxworthy, thought it would be fun to come up with (clean) examples of the wretched excesses that us poor audiophiles are subject to. I'll start it off. Extra points for originality and wit.

You might be an audiophile if your stereo costs more than your car. Or your house.

You might be an audiophile if - you've ever had to choose between a girlfriend and a new pair of speakers.
kinsekd
Prpixel,

I hope you have better luck with this unit. A lot of people have these modded and I've never heard of a problem with them. May the search end here. Good luck!

Until the next format change, heheh.

Dean
Dean,

I really wanted to buy the 5910, but was concerned about investing big bucks and then HD-DVD comes along. Even if HD comes out this Christmas, I think I'll still have about two years before there's enough software and the players are "affordable" .

Thanks,
you listen to a CD of Whale songs(No background music)for the soundstage qualities...I did.
When I bought a pair of Carver's Amazing Loudspeakers in 88 I actually had a friend that thought they were ironing boards.
your wife actually understands why spending $800 on a single pair of cables is desireable. Hint: try throwing discussing more trivial non-technical topics like how you'll afford shoes for the kids, etc. Er, OK maybe not.