Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
I love the fact that this thread was started on 01-05-01. Who dug it up?

Regards,
I do not knows it's the audio God or not but my system sounds much better in PM time. I live in a surburban area and the neighbourhood is pretty quite and secluded from heavy traffic but during the AM time, my votage fluctuates constantly from 119/120/119/121 and I have to listen at a higher volume as oppose to after PM time, I do not have to crank it up that high and the sound of music is much better. I notice the voltage after 9:00 PM is pretty much stable at 120/122 therefore, I develope a habit to listen to my system after 9:00 pm for an hour or so every night. It could be just me or it could be the voltage fluctuation and the noise of the 2 A/C units of my neigbour running constantly during the hot season. I love to listen to my system after dark since it sounds better. Is it real or is it an illusion?
When you have one of those nights when the Audio Gods shine about you, it is best just to sit back and enjoy the music. You neve know when your system will sound so good again.
Yes, and seemingly more often early in the day than late at night when they might disturb others who are sleeping.