Tannoy Westminster amp matching question.

Hello again everyone. Its been a while but I'd like your advice if possible.

I'm waiting for a pair of Tannoy Westminster royal SE's to arrive ( end of dec ). And I'm wondering what to amps to match them with. I have very limited funds at the moment(budget of 3k or so), having lashed out on the speakers, and I'm thinking I'd like to go SET power amps again. So looking at second hand bargains. At the moment I'm thinking Sophia Electric 300b or Art Audio symphony II. Alternative suggestions please !!!!

To give you an idea of my tastes. The system I've put together, that I enjoyed the most, was Avantgarde Duo's and Yamamoto A08s. Loved it. I listen to all sorts of music: Rock, choral, opera, jazz. Love well done female vocals :-)

Thanks for your time.
borg7x9
Atamasphere,
I can`t argue with your "so really its more a matter of it`s good enough". Yes that`s true I have`nt experienced 'everything' nor have you or anyone else, it is`nt possible to do . So we`re all left with our individual experiences to guide our decisions(what other option is there?).

It`s easy for me to decide in this sense,I just trust my ears and my gut reaction(emotional response).If I hear something I like better than SET amps I`d change in a heartbeat.It has`nt happened yet(does`nt mean it won`t).All that matters is what sounds best to me (us) and draws me into the music.What OTL does for you,SET does for me.
Regards,
Dover,
Come on now, all amplifiers and any component has a 'sound' or signature.There`s no absolute neutral component that I`m aware of.I do agree with what you say is the basic function of an amplifier, drive a speaker load.Ability to drive a speaker does`nt suggest it will also sound good driving it however.Dover you have a lot of experience with the Tannoy speaker and I don`t.My only point is others who are also familiar with it have drawn different conclusions as to what amps work best with it. This is a totally expected outcome,various opinions.
Regards,
Charlesdad
Thanks for the response. I think we would agree on most points. Virtually all the posts were recommending low power tubes. If I'm buying an amp for a new pair of speakers, I would try to hear as much as possible of all types of amplifier. Tube amps I have heard extensively and do like are the Air Tight ATM3 monos, Marantz 8B, original Quicksilver 8417's, EAR 519/549's & Futterman OTL1's.
Dover,
I think we do agree on most points especially the advantage of trying different amplifiers if this is possible.Based on the replies in this thread it seems clear a variety of amps would work sucessfully with Borg`s speakers.

Dover you mentioned the Bakoon amp driving the Coincident qiite easily, this does`nt surprise me. My room is 14'x26'x8' and I can completely saturate the room with full scale sound and energy with my 8 watt amp.I`d really like to hear the Bakoon and also the First Watt S.I.T.-1 amp with my speakers. Both are said to be very special.
What`s your impression of the Bakoon with appropriate speakers? Is it organic?

Regards,
The Bakoon I have listened to quite frequently was the SCA7511 with Vishay attenuator. It has a grainless, reasonably transparent sound - very very smooth and easy to listen to. As stated I personally found it underpowered with the Tannoys, but it seems to work well with the Coincindents. I preferred it to the Frankensteins. The Border Patrol 300B also works very well with the Coincidents.