Tannoy Westminster amp matching question.

Hello again everyone. Its been a while but I'd like your advice if possible.

I'm waiting for a pair of Tannoy Westminster royal SE's to arrive ( end of dec ). And I'm wondering what to amps to match them with. I have very limited funds at the moment(budget of 3k or so), having lashed out on the speakers, and I'm thinking I'd like to go SET power amps again. So looking at second hand bargains. At the moment I'm thinking Sophia Electric 300b or Art Audio symphony II. Alternative suggestions please !!!!

To give you an idea of my tastes. The system I've put together, that I enjoyed the most, was Avantgarde Duo's and Yamamoto A08s. Loved it. I listen to all sorts of music: Rock, choral, opera, jazz. Love well done female vocals :-)

Thanks for your time.
borg7x9
Omsed, I may end up doing that. Been contemplating something like that if I'm unhppay at the end of all this . I'd still need a good pre though. thanks.
Wylmars.I strongly recommend to try mcIntosh tube power amps 2301.Check AudioAficionado forum for reviews.I own these and they are the best amps I have ever heard with Tannoy Westminsters.
Borg,

An amp with a 600 ohm input is designed to be used with a preamp with a transformer output (like professional gear in the old days). Without a matching transformer-output linestage, you can have severe problems with bass response. The amp was probably designed to be used with a specific linestage because transformer coupled gear is not that common these days.
Hi larryi,
What you describe is what I was finding. Almost no bass response. They do a matching 600ohm output linestage. If I cant make other Pre-amps work ( I'm trying the CAT sl1 tonight ) I may end up getting their matching amp. Its not too expensive in the scheme of things.

Thanks for your advice.
Mikeedimitrov - I hadn't consider a McIntosh. What is it that you believe makes the McIntosh/Tannoy Westminster work so well for you? And are you using a McIntosh pre-amp?