Spendor S3/5 standard vs “SE” version????

Hello,
I have read that the S3/5SE's are more analytical than the standard (non-SE) version. Is that true? If so, is that bad? Has somebody compared these two? Which one is more musically satisfaying?

Thanks in advance for any input.
rumian2da67
Gunbei, thanks for the input. Unfortunately there is no Spendor dealer near me.

I want to replace my Nautilus 805's which I find very bright (razor sharp quality) and unforgiving in my small room (9.4'x 15'x8'). On the other hand I would not like the sound to be too polite and slow.

Do you think the S3/5 SE's are as bright as the N805's? Did you find the S3/5 boring or slow?

I have:
Musical Fidelity A300 int.amp.
Musical Fidelity A3CD (transport) + Belca Canto DAC2
Analysis Plus cables/interconects.

Thanks.
The S3/5s are definitely verging on the boring and slow in my opinion. I have never heard the SE versions. The s3/5's sound is pleasant but in no way exciting. You'll either love the lack of edginess or be bored to death.
(I was driving with Densen B100, which is quite a dynamic and transparent amp).
I would urge you to include a Harbeth speaker in your selection if you are considering Spendor.
S3/5 and S3/5se are not the same speaker once you hear those. The S3/5se yields more resolution and a bit brighter side of the phases of the music. The S3/5se places itself on the side of 'standard hifi'. So it is your taste and, certainly, your system comes in heavily when you decide which one to choose.

I chose S3/5 because it produces classic/jazz vocal and solo violin/cello so well, the best I'd say. The S3/5 does very good job for chamber music as well. Since I have B&W matrix already, S3/5 over S3/5se was rather easy choice.

So the choice depends on what music you mostly hear. For instance, if you like to hear orchestral music, which is not very good idea with either S3/5 nor S3/5se, I'd suggest S3/5se. But, if not, you know.

Hope it helps.
Size of room is very important. I've found the 3/5 to be better in the near-field listening position and did a four day in-house audition of the 3/5SE. Found a slight upper midrange etch or glare and forwardness, but this was in my small 11 x 13.5 x 8 room. Have to say it does mate very well with my REL Strata III - seamlessly, in fact. Based on hearing the SE version, internet and mag reviews, and the opinion of a trusted friend (who's owned the standards for 3-4 years) I've just ordered a pair of 3/5s in rosewood. Would've bought used but after 4 weeks of checking A'gon didn't find any.