Genesis 1.1, Infinity IRS V, 4 chasiss speakers

All 4 chassis monstrosities....seven and a half foot tall behemoths. Assuming the room is big enough for these speakers, what would be the optimum distance from speaker to listener seating?

How far apart should the two ribbon/tweeter towers be apart?
How far out should the bass towers be from the ribbon towers? How far out from the rear wall should they be?

I have a very large room and I would like an idea on what the configuration would be for optimum listening. I plan to make a complete makeover of my system in 18 months and I'd like to know how much room they would take up for optimum performance. Most of the photos of these speakers that I've seen seem to be in cramped rooms.

thanks,

mitch
128x128mitch4t
believe long wall situation you refer to would definitely work you would also benefit because your first reflection point would be drastically delayed because the speakers are nowhere near the sidewalls
My RS 1-B's are in an unusual space (see my system pics). However, I have them spaced approx 5 feet apart (tweeter to tweeter) and my listening seat is 8 feet back. My room is 27 x 16 (living/dining room). The woofer columns are behind the mid-tweeter panels. Not the best place for them but it works for me. When Harry Pearson had the IRS's that's how he had them (the woofers) set up. Sounded pretty good!
Thanks for the info and pics on you system Rwd.....You are using tubes on top and SS on the bottom in a 4 chassis setup......any problem with the woofers and mid/tweet columns getting in sync using two different types of amps?
Yes......go to live concerts. Make sure you do not increase the woofers too much. We all seem to love the effect that a great bass system can produce....but in a live concert it is much more cohesive. Keep the woofers under control. A good bass amp and careful listening and adjusting your crossovers will help.
Array drivers need to be listened at a distance at least 2x the
height of the array. The mid/tweeter panels should be placed at least 3.5' away from side or rear walls, 12 to 15' apart, and 20' away from the listener. The woofer columns need a celiing a minimum of 12' in height. The mid/tweeters should have a 5 to 10 degreee toe-in.