D-SONIC SOA Class-D Core Amps. The best Class-D ?

Owner/Designer Dean Deacon of D-Sonic in Houston in recent months dropped using the B&O ICE amps which he now only uses in the surround channels of his multi-channel home theater amps. He now uses a new Class-D amp in all of his Magnum2 mono and two channel amps which he states is the most technically advanced Class-D amp on the market, called the SOA Class-D core amps. The recent review in 6Moons of his new M2-1500M amp concludes its the closest that Class-D has ever come to tube amps in the upper mid-range and high frequencies.
Anyone bought or heard recently the D-Sonic M2-1500M or the M2-600M? What are your opinions?
audiozen
Mcbuddah..please keep us informed on your progress with the D-Sonic amps. Of course, only having them burned in for four days, you have a long way to go and are in for a real treat based on the 6Moons review last September. After extensive burn in, 6Moons described the amps as more organic and full, with much smoother, more laid back high frequencie's, then other class D amp's they have tested, and found them closer to tubes then previous Class D design's. I'm certain in two weeks the amps will settle down and fall into their true character and look forward to your on going impressions in the next several weeks.
Hi McBuddah, yes please keep us posted on how the M2-600M amps break in.... Unless the Abletec modules behave tremendously different from old ICEpower, you may expect a 600 hours to 1200 hours of music making before they reach peak and yield their very best. G.
Hi AudioZen, as far as I know, Continuum S2 will be priced in mid $9K for its basic version, and will still shy below $10K for the versions that incorporate the optional DAC card or the optional Phonostage card.

I have since learned that the preamplification circuit of Continuum S2 is based on the new Capri S2 preamplifier... I Also heard that the Capri S2 circuit, as well as the DAC card, were developed in an engineering collaboration with Danish company Holm Acoustics.
There is no way for me to know how far along they are in the burn-in process because they were demos and not absolutely brand new. Mr. Deacon had loaned them out to someone for a short while. I would like to put at least 250 more hours on them before doing too much critical listening, but it's hard to resist the urges to pop up and fix something I know is wrong. Last night I listened to a Japanese reissue of Jon Faddis' 1976 "Youngblood" album where he works out with Dizzy's rhythm section. At the very end of Gershwin's Prelude # 2 there is a massive crescendo. While Jon is blowing away like the angel Gabriel, Micky Roker ends the piece with massive cymbal crashes whose transients sound all crumpled up in the in the mix with the horn. The last 5 seconds of the tune almost set me to packing up the amps for an airplane ride back to Texas. I went at it again today and figured out that my VTA was set imperfectly even though I thought I had nailed it months ago. I dialed it in again after a few hours of really hard work listening to more records and all is fine again. It seems to me that these amps are so revealing and play so cleanly at high volumes that very small changes in tonearm/cartridge geometry are easily heard. Obviously, these amps are not a drop-in replacement in my system and will require a lot of TLC to sound their best.
Guido..Its mentioned on the Rowland website that the discontinued Continuum 500 also used the Capri circuit. I checked out many interior photo's of the Continuum 500 and was amazed how extensive the mods were. Two circuit boards stacked on top of each other. The ICE amps were upside down and accessed from the bottom. The top board has a dozen large power capacitors and two filter caps. The most extensive mods I've ever seen using ICE amps. Way beyond the mods in the Bel Canto's. If the mods are just as extensive with the Pasqualle Class-D amps, and the sound quality is superior as told by Rowland, it will more than likely turn out to be the best integrated on the market due to Jeff's perfectionism.