From Avantgarde to a conventional speaker?

I love the coherence and incredible lifelike dynamics and feel to music that I have heard from the Avantgarde Uno and Duo speakers. However, given room size and family harmony, speakers of this size are not going to be a viable option for me. Are there any conventional speakers of reasonable dimension that can compete with the coherence and dynamics of the Avantgarde speakers? I would love to hear from anyone who has made the transition from an Avantgarde speaker to a more conventional design. Many thanks in advance for you help and advise.

All the best,
Neville
njp
AVguygeorge,

I have my SAP J2001s on Symposium Svelte Shelves. I know of several Quartette owners who have their speakers on the Svelte Shelves too. It makes a big difference, particularly with the Quartettes, as far as smoothing out the bass and making it easier to integrate the bass with the rest of the frequency range.

I wonder if a shelf between the top and bottom half of the Quartette will have a positive effect?
My wife didn't like the idea of the red trios until she heard them in our living room.... Healing time went way down...

.....the ol' "beg for forgiveness" rule!

rob
Try Tonian Labs
I have first hand experience with the uno's and prefer the Tonian monitor.. it's also a much more conventional design

That's my opinion on the subject
I went from Trios to the Beauhorn Virtuosos and never looked back. They are more seamless and coherent and much faster. You will probably want subwoofers, however. But I used mine up to 60 Hz which is more than an octave lower than the Trio woofers are expected to cover.