D-SONIC SOA Class-D Core Amps. The best Class-D ?

Owner/Designer Dean Deacon of D-Sonic in Houston in recent months dropped using the B&O ICE amps which he now only uses in the surround channels of his multi-channel home theater amps. He now uses a new Class-D amp in all of his Magnum2 mono and two channel amps which he states is the most technically advanced Class-D amp on the market, called the SOA Class-D core amps. The recent review in 6Moons of his new M2-1500M amp concludes its the closest that Class-D has ever come to tube amps in the upper mid-range and high frequencies.
Anyone bought or heard recently the D-Sonic M2-1500M or the M2-600M? What are your opinions?
audiozen
I switch from a Moon audio w-5 power amp to an Audio Research DS 450 driven by Audio Research LS27
it is a match made in heaven. Tango
Hi all,

Thought I'd post to let everyone know I'm still planning on giving my impressions of my new mono-blocks utilizing the Abletec/Anaview ALC-2600-1300 modules.

Unfortunately, I am still awaiting delivery of my amps as of today, Sept. 27th 2014. I'm not certain of the exact cause of the latest delay but suspect James Romeyn may have experienced another surge in Hypex NCore 400 based amp build orders, which he told me he's still receiving from customers literally located around the world. He's also stated that the Hypex amps are easier to build than the Abletec amps due to much better existing instructions, documentation and customer support along with a lack of availability of very useful wiring harnesses like Hypex offers. He, therefore, must either make individual connecting cables or build his own harnesses.

I will call or email James on Monday requesting an explanation and eta.
I'll try and update as things develop.
Later,
Tim
Hi Tim, this delay must be very stressful... In case you ever opted for a pivot, NAD Electronics has just released its first Masters Series stereo amplifier based on NCore technology, priced at an attractive $3K. See:

http://nadelectronics.com/products/masters-series/M22-Stereo-Power-Amplifier

At least on paper, the device looks very interesting... It uses the NCore module as a subcomponent of a fairly sophisticated circuit, not as an all-in-one amplifier connected to I/O terminals.

G.
Hi Guido,

The new NAD looks very interesting. But I'm kind of committed to the Abletec now, since I've already bought the modules, amp cases,connectors, etc.
I'm not too stressed yet; the delay has allowed me to be able to pay in cash once they're completed.
I was going to call James today for an update but got diverted. I'm going to try and get an update tomorrow.

Thanks,
Tim
Has anyone had a chance to compare 1000ASP ice based amp with new d-sonic amps based AMS1000-2600?
I'm in the market for stereo amp, but want to do my due diligence before ordering.
I had an old outlaw 770(200x7) amp driving Pioneer S-1EX, S-7EX and other surrounds. When I switched to older D-sonic 3500-7, the difference was astounding in terms of bass control, sound stage, dynamics and imaging.
I'm wondering how much of an improvement would it be with amps based on newer AMS1000-2600 module. I will continue to use the 3500-7 for other 5 channels.