Do Audiophiles blow speakers?

Ok so I am bored and curious, I have never and probably never will over-drive an amp or blow speakers....but I want to know if this happens with trained listeners or is mostly done by the masses of listeners who dont care about critical listening?
I know that lack of amp power usually blows a speaker, I just thought some stories would make for good reading.
chadnliz
>>I guess that critical listening is when you drive your system to a critical level of loudness .<<

I hope you're kidding.
I'm guilty too of frying 1 tweeter in my Green Mountain 3-way floorstanders. These are 1st order xover speakers & a lot of energy leaks into each driver. I was trying to break them in but about 40 hrs of loud music (atleast 95dB SPL sitting 9 ft away. I was NOT listening, of course!), 1 tweeter just stopped working altogether! :-)
Well, I certainly learned what the limit these speakers is & certainly respect the fact that 1st-order xover speakers cannot be played too loud for too long.
I don't swing that way but I bear no ill will toward those who do.

((Sorry,someone had to say it.))
lmao, oh well atleast this got members talking, my wife wanted to see what it was like to blow a soeaker, biy that 12 inch woofer looked pretty funny in her mouth...ooooops
lmao, oh well atleast this got members talking, my wife wanted to see what it was like to blow a speaker, boy that 12 inch woofer looked pretty funny in her mouth...ooooops