Do Audiophiles blow speakers?

Ok so I am bored and curious, I have never and probably never will over-drive an amp or blow speakers....but I want to know if this happens with trained listeners or is mostly done by the masses of listeners who dont care about critical listening?
I know that lack of amp power usually blows a speaker, I just thought some stories would make for good reading.
chadnliz
You can if you are not careful, broke leadout wire to a KEF B139 Woofer. Had to repair it by unwinding part of the voice coil. I think I was playing Beethovens Victory Symphony, the one with all the cannons and muskets, on an LP as well.Regards Anthony.
I've blown both the protective resistors on my Wilson's accidentally before xmas by getting off the sofa with a remote and a cd case in my hand, not noticing that my finger was being pressed against the volume up button. By the time I had realised, both tweeters now do not work......should be fixed on Friday.....
That is the beauty of Wilson speakers...you will blow a resistor and probably never a driver.

Dmurfet...you should be able to change the resistor yourself. It takes all of 30 seconds and they are included in the kit that comes with your speakers.
Nope sorry Oneobgyn, the resistors were intact and both tweeters have been blown :-(

Chap has prders two new tweeter from Provo, but since most of them will be at CES, it may take a while.......I still have demo cabling but I can't use them!