Do Audiophiles blow speakers?

Ok so I am bored and curious, I have never and probably never will over-drive an amp or blow speakers....but I want to know if this happens with trained listeners or is mostly done by the masses of listeners who dont care about critical listening?
I know that lack of amp power usually blows a speaker, I just thought some stories would make for good reading.
chadnliz
I have blown countless speakers over the years and proud of it too!

It seems to be a regular hazard for someone who spends countless hours listening to music and has multi-room setup. I admit that a couple of times it was not me - once the kids and another time when someone turned it up too loud at a party....a crowd of people absorb sound (so does the beer!) and make you need higher SPL's then listening alone....sometimes higher than the system can handle ..tweeters seem to go most often but I have blown woofers too.

Fortunately over time I have migrated away from consumer gear to pro gear and professionals are pretty hard on their gear and often require repairs....so it is pretty simple and inexpensive to have the drivers re-coned or order replacement tweeters if those get over driven and burnt....I have done this on three separate occasions over the past 10 years.
Audiophiles do not blow speakers when sober.

Untrue. I blew up both 8" drivers and half the midrange drivers in a pair of Totem Wind. The preamp I was using shorted, and sent unattenuated white noise at full gain to the amp, which faithfully reproduced it at full blast and fed it to the speakers. KABOOM! Actually, it sounded more like WONK!SCHNORK!POP!scufflescufflescuffle!

FWIW, the amplifier was totally unharmed
Leedistad

You, Sir, did not blow up your speakers.

Your faulty preamp blew up your speakers.

I stand by my position that audiophiles, when sober, do not blow up speakers.
I was stone cold sober when I blew mine up CW.

It makes me wish I was otherwise, especially when I get the bill, but 'twas not so.