D-SONIC SOA Class-D Core Amps. The best Class-D ?

Owner/Designer Dean Deacon of D-Sonic in Houston in recent months dropped using the B&O ICE amps which he now only uses in the surround channels of his multi-channel home theater amps. He now uses a new Class-D amp in all of his Magnum2 mono and two channel amps which he states is the most technically advanced Class-D amp on the market, called the SOA Class-D core amps. The recent review in 6Moons of his new M2-1500M amp concludes its the closest that Class-D has ever come to tube amps in the upper mid-range and high frequencies.
Anyone bought or heard recently the D-Sonic M2-1500M or the M2-600M? What are your opinions?
audiozen
I recently received 3 D-sonic M3-600M-A's, 1 M3-2000-5 and 1 M3-2800-7. Since my theater is under construction, I temporarily set up 2 of my Danley SM60F's on bar stools in the living room and all I can really say is WOW!
Hi Mikela8,

Congratulations, seems like you have your new theater's amplification covered. I think you made a very good decision going with D-Sonic amps; detailed, neutral, dynamic and effortless sound emerging from a dead quiet background produced from small, lightweight boxes that only become mildly warm no matter how hard or long they're driven. Ideal, high-end and amplifiers for both HT and music at budget prices.

Enjoy,
Tim
Has anyone done a comparison on the following 2 amps?
1.Class D Audio SDS-470C ($700), 300W
2. D-Sonic M3-800S ($1,375), 400W
I have a feeling that D-Sonic is better, but I wonder how significant is the difference in sound quality. Worth the extra $700? Thanks.
Respected/Roger,

I haven't compared these 2 amps directly but have indirectly:

I own, and previously used a Class D Audio SDS-440 as my main amp in my system. Class D audio's owner, Tom Ross, told me my amp and the SDS-470C amp sound very similar.

I currently use a pair of D-Sonic M3-600M mono-block amps in my system. These amps use Anaview/Abletec power modules and the D-Sonic 800S amp use Pascal modules. D-Sonic's owner, Dennis Deacon, has stated the Anaview/Abletec and Pascal modules sound very similar.

So, given the above, I'll describe the differences I noticed between the CDA 440 and the D-Sonic M3-600M amps:

Both are neutral in character and have smooth but also very detailed midranges and treble. Although the CDA440 has above average bass response and dynamics, these are the 2 areas I noticed were superior with the D-Sonic M3-600 amps. D-Sonic's bass is more extended, textured and detailed. I can discern different bass instruments more easily and clearly now.

D-Sonic's dynamics are also better. I can now clearly discern volume and tonal changes on individual instruments and vocals within the sound stage while these changes are more massed through the CDA amp.

The D-Sonic's soft to loud dynamics are also strikingly improved, which is very noticeable on HT and well recorded music (usually much better on hi-resolution omputer audio FLAC files at 24bit/96khz). However, the increase in power from the CDA's 440 watts to the D-Sonic's 1,200 watts per channel may be a main cause.

These improvements are subtle but very enjoyable. You'll need to decide if bass and dynamics gains are worth the extra money. Remember, this is not a direct comparison of the amps you're considering so your mileage may vary.

In my opinion, both of your amp choices are extraordinary audio bargains, delivering excellent performance at a very reasonable price. I think you'd enjoy either one and maybe you could just let your tastes and budget decide.

Hope this helped a bit,
Tim