Maker Audio NL14 and NL14+...

I would be grateful to hear any listening impressions from those of you who will be lucky enough to hear the NL14+ amps at CES or who have heard them previously. In particular if you already own an NL 10.1 or NL 12.1 and hear the 14s and are thinking of upgrading, please let me know as well. Thank you!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
The NL14 crosses 350 hours today.....extremely happy with the texture, liquidity, depth and musicality of the entire frequency spectrum. I've had a couple guys over that know my system well and what this amp is capable of taken all by surprise in terms of what a jump it is over an already great amp that preceded it. The soundstage is much more dense in all dimensions and the room is filled with very realistic music you can almost touch.....extremely impressed and happy with this move!
After last night's great listening session, Zephyr, I'd agree completely. Compared to the NL12.1 you now have a more liquid and enveloping sound. You still have breathtaking levels of detail retrieval, but with a more liquid and enveloping and inviting personality, and less razor's edge character.

That your previous setup could be improved both boggles the mind and is the truth that keeps nuts like us spinning the gears in our heads.
I do but have been using an Esoteric A-02 stereo amp for a while now; it mates even better with my pre-amp and the Wavelet RoomEQ device. It's giving me even more magic in the mids and highs than I've ever had before. There is something to be said for system synergy for sure......the Maker is a fine piece and may wind up in another system in the house very soon!

I see you've got yours up for sale; what are you moving to (if anything)?