Soliloquy 6.2 Very Poor Treble .....

After several calls to David Berman at Soliloquy, without a response. I will put it to the Audiogoner's . Will I need to change the tweeter or rebuild the crossover to "brighten up" the highs in this speaker....Or should I just trade them off and start over ????. I kind of like the speakers if I could get them to sound a little better. Maybe that is why they are no longer in the speaker business...I think that changing the tweeter would be the easiest but I will be open-minded.....Thanks
autospec
I strongly Boa's recommendation. Allow the speakers enough time. As a 6.2 owner, I can assure you there will be more treble after 500 hours. Give 'em some volume too.

I dont believe the Aurum is a drop in fit. Its spec sheet shows a 110mm overall diameter. The counter sunk opening in my pair of 6.2's is only 103mm or 4 5/16 inchs.
Distortion....I never could get David on the phone after several calls.....This is one of the reasons I'm losing my fondness for these speakers. I think in a few minutes he could tell me something that may otherwise take forever to learn....But he has no interest in these speakers anymore, so doesn't want to waste any more time with them, I would guess...........
I'm thinking that listening to a poor sounding pair of speakers for six or seven months is a bad idea....I am trying to improve the sound in the near future.... My amplifiers will need a new set of out-put tubes before these speakers start to sound good.

Unless you're being facetious, or your output tubes are already a couple of years old, there should be no need to re-tube after only six or seven months. If so, perhaps you should rethink your tube choice or amplification before investing in ribbon tweeters.
Tvad: I am being facetious, but when you enjoy music as I do it doesn't seem right to listen to something that doesn't sound good.....I would leave it playing when I wasn't home but my cats don't like bad music ether and all my gear is tube so the heat is a issue....Actualy I have about 15-20 tube amps that I change around from time to time . There is the possibilty that I will never care for the sound of these speakers no matter what....Thanks for your view...
OK Autospec, since you were being facetious, my comment is moot, and I don't have anything more to add than what's already been posted above.