Having second thoughts on Khorns Need help

Hi all: I am starting a two-channel set-up starting with speakers,amp (tube or s.s.),also c.d. player direct to amp to be decided later. I had decided to go with Klipsch Khorns originally and have done research on the net for about 6 weeks now.
I am now having second thoughts, given the type of music I listen to, mostly rock and LOUD! I am a little concerned about whether the Khorns can produce the bass on this type of music to my liking! I will not be buying these for another 6 months,so I am open to other suggestions for speakers.
I am looking for floor standing full-range speakers that can fill a 12W x 24L x8H enclosed with tight,
chest-pounding bass on it's own, without a subwoofer. I listen to Van Halen,Dream Theater,Greenday,Led Zep,Sherryl Crowe, Colin James,Collective Soul,Metallica,etc. No classical,jazz or hip-hop!
I realize that some speakers sound better with certain types of music and the electronics,(source and amp), plus the room have an effect on how a speaker sounds! I guess what I am looking for(asking), is a pair of speakers that play "rock" well! I can go up to $6500 for a pair. Amp and source to be decided later, depending on the type of speakers! Interested in all comments!Thanks, Huck
huck55
NHT 3.3 speakers.
Biggest amplifier you can afford (Parasound HCA-1500)
$300 NAD, Rotel, Sony CD player
$600 NAD, Rotel, Adcom, Parasound preamplifier

Dynamic as heck.

Good luck!
Huck,
I should say in adding to my previous comments that if I was listening exclusively to hard rock music, I'd likely opt for a 50-100W Hybrid amp and a box speaker, like Silverline, Soliloquy, VMPS, Tyler, etc. They are not as uber-revealing as the horns, and will consequently dampen the typically washy mids/highs that multi-track guitar recordings can sound like when fully exposed. Just my opinion, of course.

You have a good budget. If you can, listen to as many options as you can, and your decision will become easy.
2 speakers I really want to hear, ok well 3:
Avantgarde
Gallo
VMPS

So I am not bashing horns, I just want to hear some done right and like them, YMMV
for 6500 i would invest in an avantgarde uno ,way way better than a khorn in my experience ,had khorn for few months ,no low bass
hi,

You can buy used Khorns for 2000 on ebay and get the crossovers updated by BEC, a member of the Klipsch forum, for a couple of hundred. For the price they are unbeatable. I have Cornwalls, 15" woofer, rated to 35 hz, but believe me they rock the house at ear numbing levels ( 100 db/watt sensitiviy at 1 meter )with 80 tube watts driving them. The K horns are 104 db. Unbelivallbe dynamics and that is what rock is all about.

Name another speaker that's been in production for almost 60 years. That says something.

Larry