Tyler Acoustic vs. Paradigm

I am considering a set of Tyler Acoustic Taylo Ref. or Paradigm Studio 40. Close to same $$ and size. Any opinions on these?
gretsch6120
The question is - Which is most important to you - How a speaker sounds, or how a speaker measures? hmm....
actually loudspeakers that measure well tend to sound lackluster in an in-store audition when compared to speakers that focus on exagerating certain 'pleasing' frequencies. you will find however that speakers that measure well, tend to stay in your system longer and allow you to play all catagories of music and favor none. a well designed speaker can also be paired to a variety of quality gear, without disasterous results. how a speaker sounds to you will also change as you age. The best sounding paradigm speaker i ever heard was a model called the 'export'. to my ears it is still better than anything either of these companies makes today. a classic.
Measuring a loudspeaker at a given input volume of, say 85 db input, from 10Hz to 20Khz does not necessarily give a realistic picture of the corresponding dynamically measured output of the speaker. For example, how different would that same data look, if one were to show the same frequency sweeps with graphs at various input/output levels, using fairly disperate input spl's. This should explain why two speakers which may measure virtually the same with an almost static input of one 'typical' spl (again 85db, across the span of 10Hz to 20Khz)may, (and oftentimes do) sound remarkably different. This is why the audition with real music is invaluable to the consumer.
This is one consideration as to why, when two people hear supposedly 'similar' speakers, similar from a 'measurement' standpoint, that they can sound so different from one another when music is applied under very different evaluation circumstances.
I like the Epos for various reasons. It has excellent pace, rhythm and timing, puts out a great, clear image that belies its size and has great imaging. It is a fantastic speaker for vocals and, although it doesn't go down too deep in the bass department, it's bass is fast and punchy.

These speakers MUST BE paired w/ the proper equipment or they can become grating. I listened to them w/ my Unison Research Unico... excellent match, imo.

I went with the Mystiques instead b/c they are even better than the M12 in most respects.

Hope this helps.
talked to Ty yesterday and my linbrooks are ready to ship, i have decided to go with nu force ref 9 for amps. and as i will eventually have a 5.1 ht a outlaw 990 prepro, onix x88 underwood 1+ upgrade cd, a musichall mm7 tt, and a balanced tech bp 2 conditioner, ps audio extreme speaker cable, and interconnects for cd, audioquest Jaguar balanced for amp to pre, its been almost 3 months since that bad girl katrina came threw and wiped us out, but once i get my new system up and running life will surely be going forward,