Classe CA-200 and B&W 805N combo??

Hi,

I'm at a crossroads with my system and its got me pretty frustrated. In the past 6 months, I've purchased a pair of Paradigm studio 100v.2 and a Mccormack DNA-1. For some reason, probably related to speaker positioning, I've been unable to get the bass that I like. I can't place these speakers five feet into my room to get a minimal amount of bass. (See system at: http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/7131.html) So, I've started to think about getting a pair of moniters and a Rel sub. The sound right now is way too forward. I have to turn the volume up to unacceptable levels to get any bass at all. I've tried everything and I'm at my wits end. I'm ready to sell the Mccormack also, because it also is contributing to the harsh sound. I'm thinking of getting a Classe CA-200.

I'm sorry if this simple sounds like a cry for help. I hate dealing with equipment problems. I just want the music to sound good!

John B
oregon3
Oregon3 Judy426 could not hear a Gas tanker driving through a nitroglycerin factory. Look at all of his/her threads all she/he ever does is bash B&W. Some people like to believe that
someone who makes speakers in there home can make a better speaker than anyone. I bet Judy426 never goes & listens to REAL music & has no idea what real sound is. No system posted either makes you wonder.And I have four systems listed. I just think this person is jealous & has never put B&W next to some of his obscure speaker companys. There is a reason B&W has won so many awards through the years & patens,innovations unlike (almost) any of the speakers this person lists.
The problem is your room, not the equipment.

If you don't have a bigger/better room to move your stereo into, I'd recommend looking into a headphone setup if you want anything closely resembling musicality.
Are sound treatments such as those offered by Eighth Nerve an option?

We often forget the room is correctable if there is no WAF involved.
No WAF involved. She wants better sound also!!

Room treatments are a posibility. I think I'm going to get a Radio Shack meter and see what is going on. I've been checknig out the Rives Audio site and they have a good test CD I may pick up.

I know that room is hell. (And it usually isn't that messy!) My dog just likes to spread her toys all over the place.

Thasks Upstate. I'll check out the Eighth Nerve. Do you have a website?

Keep the suggestions coming.
www.rivesaudio.com
www.realtraps.com

For measurements, the cheapest and easiest software, imho, is Room EQ Wizard but it requires a suitable PC + soundcard + microphone. See http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.mulcahy/roomeq/

Kal