primaluna gear, avalon eidolon speakers, cardas

I just purchase some primaluna diologue 7 mono amps and their best preamp. I have some Avalon Eidolon Vision speakers to go with all this. I also have all Cardas Golden Reference interconnects and speaker cable. I don't have it all hooked up yet. Any one have an opinion on this set up.
128x128woodworker
Hey Wolfy,

you forget that I do audio for many different clients. I have clients with sets of less than 2000 dollar till 100.000 dollar.

It is Always about creating the best sound possible for every single person.

I work with the same passion for all. There is no difference in what a person pays.

I try to create the best sound possible. And what I said many times; I send my clients to other shops all the time. I do it this way for over 7 years of time now. Because I love competition.

When another shop can create a higher endresult they should go for it. I want audio as honest and open as possible.

Audio Shows need to be more open and honest for people. Distributers should work togheter instead of only using stuff which is based on political choices.

English is maybe not my first language. But people understand what I try to explain. You don't have to agree. It is just a personal opinion.

The focus is on getting a better sound for all people. This should be the focus of every single person in this business. Instead of only focusing on making as much money as possible.

If Audyssey pro would compress the sound, I would never be interested in it. If you had read more precise you would have read that I create more information with it.

It is 'new'information what is with most other pre amps not there. I have many highend people visiting me all the time. Because it is a lot of fun to share information about music and audio with other people in this business.

In the last 3 weeks I sold 3 sytems which were sold by hearing other sets of clients from me. People love the 3 dimensional sound were instruments and voices are playing fully loose and stand touchable in front of them. You understand very quick why it is convincing and good.

This sound is what music makes addictive. Because you want to hear it for hours a day. And that is primarily based on emotion.

This is based on all parts of a realistic sound and realistic proportion of instruments and voices.
Spoken with the zest of the classically insecure. "The best sound possible" is not an absolute, it is simply an opinion. Subs driven to upper mids and squashed by digital EQ is rarely optimal, realistic, or recommended, and since this is the approach you've described as producing "realistic" results, I can only assume you need to get out more. Open up that closed little brain...feel the warm breeze of real music...there ya go...all better...
I understand your point of view. Because I was very sceptical about roomcorrection and subwoofer use for stereo as well.

Giving demos is the key for hearing is believing. The endresults speak for them selves. That is what people make change there way of thinking.

Because when instruments and voices become extreme touchable and in full 3D and the sound is very involving you see it on the reactions of people.

My favorite hobby is music. I love live music as I love music played in full 3D at home. I buy a lot of music every week. This is the essentail part for audio.
In MY experience, cables sound different attached to different components. MIT just might be better with a certain amp, and maybe not...the only way to tell is to try it in the system and listen. I have an all Ayre system and bought Ayre cables. After a bit less than a year after a friend came over with Purist did I realize that Ayre is NOT the best...at least in MY system. After auditioning 20 or so cables I came away with Audioquest Sky/Everest, and Anti-Cables (top of the line silvers) sounding the best. No one I had listen could tell the difference. I also tried Audioquest super top of the line signature cables....they were awful...almost as bad a the worst sounding cables...Cardas.
That is why you need to understand which kind of properties each brand of cable owns.

With your amp, source, conditioner and speakers the same story.

In the past different brands in amps and sources came with spakercables. It is better for them to stick were they are good at.