Salk HT3 vs VAS VR4jr

both very close in cost,bang for the buck,winner takes all!!!!!!
2bigears
I don't think the Vac 30/30 would be great on an 85db speaker such as the Salk.
A good buddy owns two pair of VR4jr's, so I'm familiar with the sound. This past Sunday, we spent four hours with Jim Salk listening to a pair of HT-3's and talking about audio. I can report that HT-3's are made with top-flight drivers and crossovers, and they look beautiful and sound exquisite. IMHO, these speakers are in a much higher league than 4jr's, e,g., more comparable to Vandie 5A's in performance and way better looking than Vandie's, too. The price-to-value ratio is off the scale. I understand that Jim Salk is a musician and recording engineer, so he has a lifetime of audio experience. My impression is that these speakers are a labor of love for Jim, who seems to be a real mensch in the camp of the straight-shooters. My buddy and I both want to buy a pair of HT-3's before Jim raises the prices so he can make a living. Note: I have no affiliation with Salk Sound.
sounds like your right,the HT3'S kick the jr's butt.you compare them to vandies 15000 dollar speaker??Jim should make some easy to drive tube amp speakers.i have the jr's up and running with my system and though they are musical,i want a bigger sound.jr's for sale
Jburidan: Great to hear about your experience. I have no doubt they are great speakers and better value than what "big" companies offer. But have you also had a chance to compare HT3's with comparable offerings from Tyler, Silverline, and Zu. That seems to be the competition.

BTW did you see/hear Veracity QW? I am also curious about the forthcoming HT-2.
Probably gonna bi-amp 'em, with glass on top and solid state on bottom-end. Maybe use Anthony Gallo's sub amp with room EQ.