Amati homage with NO334

Hi
I Have A Mark Levinson NO334 amp , and consider the Amati as an final speaker option . Anyone know if this combo works . I find the 334 to be very musical ,and smooth but neutral.... any thoughts would be greatly appriciated
Thanks Adelin
smaj
The Amati is a very musical speaker, and will benefit from a musical amp, even a musical SS amp, but there are not too many musical SS amps unfortunately.

If you look at the used Levinson amps for sale, you will see many 300 and 400 series for sale, because people are not happy with the "new" Levinson sound. Has been described as "dry" or "dark". I don't know personally, but this evidence seems to be reflect a general dissatisfaction with these products.

If you like Levinson equipment, as I do, I recommend you consider the 20 series like the 23.5 or 27.5 (not the 23 or 27). If you want Class A (runs hot and remains very expensive, even used) the 20.5 or 20.6 are amazing SS amps.

If you prefer a later model which still has the "Levinson sound" everyone still talks about, then you should consider a pair of 33H monoblocks (about $10K used)
The Amati needs tubes. Plain and simple. You will never hear it true greatness using SOLID STATE AMPS.
I heard the Amati Homage with a Levinson amp of that vintage (it was a 334, 335 or 336) and Levinson front end at Innovative Audio in Manhattan several years ago. It was astonishingly mediocre.