Which is Best loudspeaker in the $1000-1200 range?

I am planning to do an upgrade, and I would like to know which loudspeakers REALLY stand out in this price range. Please don't reply telling which loudspeaker you have. I want to know which are the true winners....I mean, those loudspeakers that cost a $1000 but sound like they cost $2500! Which are the "best buy" options that are a total consensus among audiophiles?
figueiredops
S7horton: I apologize if I offended you, any B&W owners, their family and affiliates. Over the years, I have noticed that B&W is one brand that must not be criticised. I still do not know why but I guess it has to do with the BMW thing. As far as I am concerned, I always found them overpriced and third choice at best in their price range. And whether you like it or not, I am entitled to say it.

For the record, I did not use them as an industry reference (or should I in the "rip off" category?): read the OP - "upgrade", check his system - B&W- and you'll see why I referred to them. Read first, then bark - at the right tree.
"And whether you like it or not, I am entitled to say it."

I couldn't care less if you say it or not. You didn't offend me, just pointing out that you in fact are using them as a reference point. To say that something is better than "X", is in fact making a reference to "X". That's one of the biggest compliments you can give.

It's easy to insult, or prod at the guys on the top. They are on top for a reason. No one can touch their R&D.
I would have used them as reference if they had not been the OP's current speaker brand. In that case, i used them in the OP's context of an upgrade. Grade 5 logic, come again.

Now, I saw your system and realized that you are still mourning the forced departure of the 805 from your system. I understand the grief. I too fantasized about a girlfriend long after she dumped me.

Love is blindness, I don't want to see - U2
Without a doubt add some Audes Blues to that list if you are willing to buy used.

No question.
"I would have used them as reference if they had not been the OP's current speaker brand."

You are completely missing the point.

"In that case, i used them in the OP's context of an upgrade."

Upgrade doesn't have to mean swtiching brand names.

"...are still mourning the forced departure of the 805 "

mourning? Simply not true, but thanks for trying.