Speaker recommendations in the $3,500-$4,000 range

I'm in the market for a good, full-range speaker for simple stereo listening. I have an Anthem TLP-1 preamp, and will probably get an anthem amp to drive the speakers as well. I'd like full-range speakers (where no sub is needed)...and my budget will be between $3,500-$4,000.

I just finished mastering a CD at MasterMix in Nashville, so I've spent 12 hours in front of the finest PMC monitor system in the US...so that is point of reference. Thanks for any input!!!
clay49
Thiel or Vandersteen are your only two choices if accuracy is important to you.
Chazzbo: No need to apologize, my comment about your writing style was meant as a friendly joke. It is a little difficult to read but well worth the trouble. I appreciated the review and look forward to reading your opinions in future as well.

Just to get you going again, of all the speakers you have heard, which one(s) will be your absolute pick(s) for:

near listening (speakers and listeners all 6'-7' apart);
volumes low as well as high;
long term listening (non-fatiguing);
listener not pinned to one sweet spot;
not overly sensitive to amp (I have 60w/ch ss)

I know and even agree with the platitude that everyone has to select his speakers himself; I am asking what would you select?
Guys...thanks for your input...I am overwhelmed at the number of responses. Thanks for putting up with a "noobie"...I've searched the classifieds now for about a year, but never posted a thread.

Now the hard part is going to be finding demos of some of these to hear. Birmingham, AL is not known for it's high-end audio dealers. The ones we have sell Legacy on the top end, PSB and Polk on the low end. Tweeter (chain) is pushing Focal 918s and 928s for $4,000. The one dealer who carries Paradigm only carries the low end (Monitor series). So now the challenge of find something near me that I can demo.

Keep 'em coming (if you have any more suggestions)...my list of prospects stands at about 18 at the moment....

Clay
Zu Druids

$2800 and Zu will allow you a 60 day in home demo. The only thing out of pocket is the shipping.

They go down to 40 Hz, but it is clean and detailed. They throw a huge soundstage, and are very easy to mate with different electronics. See the review on 6moons.com

Cheers
Clay: Forget the dealers and look to the audiophile community. We love one another's company, show off our gear, exchange opinions. See if there is a club in area. If not, start one. :) Otherwise, just spread the word, through A'gon and other such forums, requesting people to let you hear their speakers. Once you get yours, offer similar hospitality to others. That's the way! Good luck, keep posting your experience as you progress.