2-channel listening with a sub-woofer

Is anyone using a subwoofer for 2-channel listening? Have you ever heard a subwoofer for 2-channel listening?

If so, did the sub integrate seamlessly with the speakers? What sub was it?

When using a subwoofer, is it no longer important for the 2-channel amp to be able to drive the woofers?

For 2-channel, is a sub with a 15 inch driver faster than one with an 18 inch driver?

(say a 15 inch Velodyne DD vs an 18 inch Velodyne DD.
128x128mitch4t
I have CLS's and also use a single Depth sub. I've found that the best integration is achieved by running your mains full range and fleshing the bass in from the bottom. Getting the subs bass level set correctly is the biggest challenge. Most set this level way to high. I use a Behringer DSP8024 as an RTA to help adjust levels and check room responce. ($150 w/mic on Ebay)
I am using a REL Strata III with a pair of Dynaudio Focus 140's. They integrate very well.
recently I lost my audio system through utter misfortune- a story too complicated and depressing- uninteresting to tell. What I had to do is look for another sort of system which to make due with, and I did. What I got was a sub sat system- 2 little speakers and subwoofer, and much as I initially hated the idea its turned out to be the best little system I have had ever. This is probably heresay. There is something about the tweeters on these satilites I find very appealing, but more importantly the bass -for whatever quality it may be determined to be, is very satisfying! I have a much better sense of scale now. Music sounds more dimentional- has more authority & wieght, and oddly an improved sense of speed. I wont kid you. There is no seamless integration here! This system was right off the shelf & truly not meant for the obsessive..is a bit rough. I am glad to have mis-stepped though because this makes more sense than all my previous efforts have. I now imagine you could do very well by way of 2 channel with sub system.
I'm running on a pair of ProAc Tablette 50 Signature and I don't have the crossover information. Can anyone advise me at which crossover to use with my REL Strata 1? Thanks in advance!