what amp under a grand?

I have vienna acoustic mozart grand marantz sr5005 avr,marantz 8001 sacd,vieanna theatro center,b&w 600s3 for rears,current amp adcom 555mk2.looked at used parasound hca 2003 thx, rotel rb 993, and and an adcom 5802.im fine with the performance the marantz gives me for ht but for two channel sound is muddy. i think its the amp? any advice on a used amp that would bring out the detail of the mozarts?
jughead
First, let me say that I have no experience with any of the equipment you have inquired about. However, I do have an opinion, and don't we all!

Based on what I've read over the years, it is common for audiophiles to refer to the silk tweeters as sounding dark or warm. Conversely, many will refer to the metal tweeters as being bright or harsh. Given that your speakers have the silk tweeter, you may want to experiment with a few different amps.

IMO, I would go after the Bryston 3B-ST that is listed here on the 'Gon. The Classe CA-101 might be another option. I have a Coda Model 10 that I might be persuaded to sell if you wanted to give that a try.
If you can swing the extra for the A21 I would do that. It is by all accounts a topnotch sounding amp. In my experience I never regret spending a little more to get what I really want. Otherwise you might be back here a year later having spent a grand for something you wish you could trade in to put against the A21. Just my 2 cents.
IDK but i would think the a23 would be enough @ 225 watts into 4 ohms. and if is not enough a year from now, i could always get another one and bridge them. but i do think the a23 and p5 would be a big improvement over the 2100 and 2250.
and if is not enough a year from now, i could always get another one and bridge them.
Sorry Jughead, that's a bad idea. Minimum speaker load impedance for the a23 in bridged mode is 8 ohms and your speakers are 4 ohms. The a23 may work initially, but will likely fail due to running extremely hot. This would be the same as using a 2 ohm speaker load in the stereo mode.

Why not ask the dealer if he will give you a 30 day option to return the a23 and pay the difference for the a21?
I agree with Tls49. Do not bridge the A23 with your VA's. Also, if you end up buying another one, you'll just wonder why you didn't get an A21 in the first place. Compromises in the HiFi can be very expensive.

Also, Tls49's suggestion is a good one. See if you can get a trial to find out if the A23 meets all your expectations. If not, return and get the A21 and call it a day.

I believe the A23 would be all you need but again that's me. I also know that not having what you really want can lead to nagging buyers remorse that as I said above, can get even more expensive. In the end, the thing that really matters is having the amp that makes you happy, not us. Best of luck brother!