Verity Parsifals to Von schweikert VR4 Gen III ??

I have the original Verity Audio Parsifal speakers. I'm planning on replacing them with Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III's. My question is this: Do you guys think this is an upgrade or a downgrade? Am I making a mistake?

In appearance and size, the Verity wins. I've never listened to them in the same room nor with the same equipment. I have a Gamut D200 amp so there is no problem driving both speakers. My listening room is 20' X 15' I want to hear from somebody who has experience with these two speakers or opinion.
royy
04-15-06: Seldon
To be fair, I haven't heard the VR4 Gen III's...but having owned the
Parsifal Encore's a few years ago, I have to say that this is a no contest.
How can you declare this a "no
contest" when you admit having never heard the VR4 Gen III HSE
loudspeakers?

It's like saying shrimp is a no contest winner over steak, without having
ever eaten steak. You simply cannot make a comparison between two
things when you only have experience with one, but sharing your
firsthand knowledge of the Parsifal's is certainly valuable.

The Parsifal Ovation speakers are nearly triple the price of the Von
Schweikerts, but then the VR4 Gen III HSE have been compared to $20k
speakers in some reviews, so price alone does not dictate which one
someone will prefer.

Royy, I own the VR4 Gen III HSE, so I can answer many questions you
have about them, but I'd first like to know what you're hoping to
accomplish with the change...what music you like...and what the rest of
your gear is besides the Gamut D200 amp.

Honestly, though, I believe the short answer to your question is that you
have to hear the VR4 Gen III HSE in your own home to decide. They are
often available used on Audiogon at prices that afford you the
opportunity to buy them, try them, and re-sell them if you choose
without getting hurt in the wallet.

That's what I'd recommend doing.
the verity's are MUCH BETTER. sometimes audiophiles are determined to be self destructive.....i've been there.
Jaybo, looking at your threads, it's clear you have experience with a wide array of products. I'm sure you would agree your opinion would be better supported with specifics. At least it would be more informative than a simple "this is the way it is".

Also, it's also apparent by looking at your past loudspeaker posts that you have a bias against Von Schwiekert, which is obvious by several of your posts in which you answer questions regarding Brand A vs. Von Schweikert by recommending whatever is Brand A.

It doesn't matter to me that your prefer something other than VonSchweikert , but it'd be valuable to read what forms your opinion specifically regarding the Parsifal and VR4 Gen III HSE loudspeakers.
if switching to the Von Schweikert lineup, I would be tempted to try what I believe is the 'db99' model? Given the efficiency, they could be driven by low-powered triodes and might provide a somewhat different presentation to the VR4- just a thought...
Royy, I would agree with Grant (Tvad) that your listening tastes would have a lot of input in this decision. I own the Verity Audio Parsifal Encore's, and I've auditioned the VR-4 Jr's several times, as well as the VR-4 Sr's and the DB-99's. I haven't heard the VR 4 Gen III's though, but the other Von Schweikert speakers present a house sound. This is not a bad thing, as most high end companies tend to have a house sound.

From my listening experiences, the VR's tend to be more dynamic, powerful and detailed, while the Parsifal's are more delicate, textured and vibrant. Personally, I prefer the Parsifal's for my musical tastes, which run more towards vocals and small jazz bands. I could see fans of large orchestral works or rock bands preffering the VR's dynamic kick though. They are not very similar really, and only you know what kind of music that you enjoy, so only you can ultimately decide which speaker best suits you.

Cheers,

John