TV and/ or system rack between speakers...

I have a large tv that will have sit between the speakers. To what extent will this configuration screw up the sound stage?

Thanks.
capt369
I have the same issue but witha smaller screen. I really don't think that is has "screwed up"it has altered it to it's own sound. My speakers, Revel F32's, in this configuration do a very good job of imaging and staging. The sound is off the floor and has a very good presentation.
I really don't think the TV, 34"glass screen, has hindered
at all. I once tried placing the echo busters in front of the TV and the stage seemed to fade and dropback.
Unless you can try it with & w/o the TV in the middle, it`s an impossible question to answer as no one will have the exact gear in the exact position in the exact room. Since the TV must live there, why agonize over it? Since we don`t live in a perfect world (a revelation to many audiophiles), kick back, & enjoy your system.
Perhaps yours is a combo 2-channel/HT system and you don't want the screen to affect the image when you're listening to stereo. In that case see if you can place the speakers a bit ahead of the screen. Then put a padded room divider, or a Japanese paper screen, or an acoustic absorber or diffuser, or, hey, a bushy plant why not, in front of the TV screen when you're listening to music. (Or do what I do, place a padded quilt over the TV.)

I have had to share the listening room with the TV since last year. The TV is small enough to be placed on a movable stand. I slide it well back and cover it with a quilt when I'm listening to music. If I don't, the image is flattened like a pressed flower.
Thanks guys, I should have my speakers in about 3 wks. If a quilt over the tv still screws up the soundstage depth, I`ll concider a corner placement.