LSA speakers?

The name LSA came up in some other threads. I am always curious about small hidden gem type companies. Does anyone have any experience with these? Comparison with other specific models will be great, but impressions will do.
aktchi
Thanks! I decided I am going to spring for the LSA stands, by the way. Those Statements are heavy little beasts, and my current stands, while plenty sturdy for a smaller, lighter speaker, feel a little wobbly and precarious to me under the weight of the Statements.
Finally got to temporarily hook up the speakers. (Temporarily because while my biwire cables finally arrived, I sold my old pair of stands and ordered the LSA stands, and those have yet to arrive. So now I have cables but no speaker stands... what a hobby this is!)

Lrsky is correct about the out of the box sound -- there are inklings of a lovely midrange, but the lows are constricted and the sound is still largely not "out of the box." Once I have the stands, though, I'll give them a good 50 hours before I really begin to fiddle with placement. I'll report back when I'm at that point!
Well, I've got around 25 to 30 hours on my LSA1 Statement monitors... still a good deal of break in to go, but I'm beginning to hear what they can do.

One thing I can report -- they are, so far, very listenable, moreso than any other speaker I've auditioned in my listening room... and I've heard quite a few. They will go quite loud, but never seem to get shouty or obnoxious.

Soundstage and imaging is great. I've found that a slight bit of toe-in increases soundstage width quite a bit, and center fill is very stable and precise.

Was listening today to "Skylarking" by XTC on vinyl. It's an album of Beatle-esque psychedelia, produced and engineered by Todd Rundgren, with all sorts of phasey studio effects thrown in.

I was listening today to the opening cut, "Summer's Cauldron." There are synthesized cricket chirps that open the track, and they were spread way, way beyond the outer borders of the speakers. There's then a synthesized bird chirp and some sort of harmonica (or synth harmonica) that enters. And I heard something I've never heard before in my listening room: image HEIGHT! The bird chirp was coming from somewhere up near the ceiling of the room, and the harmonica melody was centered between the speakers but again, way, way up off the floor. It was spooky, and very cool.

More to come...