Spendor S8e, Dynaudio Focus 220, VA Grand Mozart

Help! I have a new dedicated Media Room 13.5 x 14.5 with 10 ft ceilings. I'll be spliting my time between music and movies. I listen to rock, pop, acoustic and jazz (Tears for Fears, Aimee Mann, Sinead O'connor,Queen,X,The The). I have a $5000 budget for a 5.1 set up; I'm looking for some guidance taking my needs into concideration Here's my set-up:
Anthem amv-30
Anthem pv5 5x300 amp
MMF-5 turntable
Marantz DV-9600 universal disc player (SACD,DVD-A,CD, DVD)
theb2826
In respect of the magazine mentioned earlier in the thread: VA came out on top (of the 3 mentioned in the thread topic) in respect of midrange, soundstage and listening page...

I am curious to know your thoughts on the VA midrange compared to the Spendor? Which is more open? Is the VA midrange more colored than the S8e?
Other way around. IMO the Spender is more colored, not in a bad way, but perhaps a bit overly glorious - like a tubed speaker. The VA on the other hand is a very neutral but terrific sounding speaker through the whole frequency spectrum.
Is the VA midrange recessed and quite laid back? Is it a dynamic speaker or flat?
Thanks
Sorry one more thing - the Vienna tests (the charts of frequency response) seem to suggest a mid-range dip, I think its termed a "suck-out". Anyone know the implications and why its designed like this? Is it to get a more recessed mid-range?
The Dynaudio is the more dynamic speaker compared to the VA and Spendor but needs some power to sound its best.

I basically agree with Knownothing's comments as I own the Spendor S6e. Spendor does make a good speaker. But note that they are a rolled off on the top and bottom ends, may be too polite if you want to rock, and the upper bass is kind of thick sounding for lack of a better term...but they have a great midrange and have that addictive quality.

Sallie Reynolds of the Absolute sound did a review on the Spendor S8e, VA Beethoven Baby Grand and Moart a few years ago. Link is below which may give you some information that may help.

http://www.avguide.com/products/speakers