HELP Horns, Stats or Conventional Speakers

OK I am in the market for a new set of speakers and I have narrowed it down the these three types.
Stats, Horns. Conventional and Bose.

Music tastes are very eclectic from The Pistols to Joan Armartrading to Classical to 80s new wave stuff.
I also use my speakers for H/T but this is the least of my concerns.

So with a bank roll of about 5k (Used) do I go for stats horns (I Love the look of the Avantgarde) or Conventional speakers.

To help you make that decision for me I have the following information.
The room is a converted two car garage 17' X 13' X 9" high
I listen to digital > Denon 3910 and vinyl > Romance via a CJ PV15 and Antique Sound Labs Hurricanes Mono
blocks.

I just sold my Ref3s as I found them less than exiting.
I have listened to System Audio SA 1750s and find the small fast drivers to be a better sounding speaker (to me) than speakers with larger drivers.
I like the speed of multiple small drivers as opposed th the 10" woofers. and they are cheap (Less than 2K)

I am at a total loss as the stuff I am looking at will be bought unheard so I need your opinions to try to help me decide.

And that constructive help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
punkuk
After 30+ years in the hobby I have found the Dunlavy Speakers to be the most satisfying. The company is no longer in business but if in the rare event a driver needs to be replaced they are readily available. The SC-4s or SC-5s can be found at your price point and represent an amazing bargain.
You need to listen to these various kinds of speakers....... I know you said you can't, but I would sincerely make the effort as they all sound VERY different.

I have gone through all kinds of speakers cones, 'stats, and now horns (I have a pair of Maggie 1.6's in my HT system too). I have liked them all, but for different reasons.

One of the main things you have to think about when you buy a pair of speakers is how well they will match with the rest of your system (and room)......... ASL Hurricanes and Avantgarde's; no way. The point is; if you don't match your speakers to the rest of your system your not going to get the best from your new purchase.

Try to listen to some stuff so you can narrow your "type" of speaker. Then look on Agone to see what other people are using with them.

Hope this helps

Chris

Thanks yes it does.
I am leaning toward Innersound MKIII.5 Stats I have called China (Hurricanes) and was told the Hurricanes have a zero feedback design the Innersounds will not be a problem.

I have tried out a couple of types the ML stats but they did not move me, a pair of JM Labs Utopias sounded sluggish and a surprising System Audio SA1750 I like these due to there speed they employ multiple smaller drivers as opposed to larger drivers I was also taken with the Piegas although I have only heard there top of the line at 20k.
I like the faster style in sound and the smaller drivers... they just seem to be more alive.
(Always difficult to express a sense of sound)

I am also looking at the Talons I know they are out of business but there speakers get great write ups.

Are Stats a choice for a pair of 200w Hurricanes in a room 17X 12 X 9' My music tasts ae eclectic from Punk to Clasical and rock and 80s and so on and so on guess I am looking for the same as everyone else it is just so overwhelming somtimes.

What do stats bring to the table that the others dont and what is the main drawback beside there difficult loads