Anyone have thoughts on the Peak Consult Zoltans?

These have gotten a great review,recently.They are very efficient,and an easy load,which goes a long way.The review states that they are superior to the Watt/Puppies AND 45,000 dollar Kharma Mini.Of course it was one man's opinion,but the design priorities(can easily be driven with the finest low powered tube units)and build quality seem impressive,hence my quest for some meaningful feedback.
These speakers are priced very similarly with the Avalon Diamonds,but,though I do love Avalon stuff,I am beginning to believe the easier load,and drive capability surely must equate to a better listening experience.Am I wrong,here?

Thanks in advance!!
sirspeedy70680e509
I must admit,Phaser,you are right on the money about one thing......I'm sorry for initiating the post!!

I never meant for a "War Of The Worlds" atmosphere to come about,yet that is where these threads have "SHRUNK" to!!

I certainly hold no animosity for the "WARRING FACTIONS",and actually respect and sort of "like" both parties by now,but PLEEEASE!!I cannot see guys like Dan D'Agostino going at it with Jeff Rowland,or Dave Wilson going up against Franco Serblin!!It's just NOT going to happen.

George Gershwin stated it JUST RIGHT..."you say POTATO,and I say POTAATO.Now let's call the whole thing off"!.....TIME WILL TELL,HERE!!!!

BTW--as to you not being overjoyed with the Usher Be 20,it can very easily be system dependent!!My pal has the exact set-up as me,yet our Rowlands clearly get better timbral/harmonic accuracy on my Avalons than on his Kharmas!!It does not mean the Kharmas are not wonderful speakers.It means my pal bought without thinking through what was the best match in componentry.A good tube amp always sounds superior on Kharmas,based on my significant exposure to those wonderful,"PRICEY" speakers.He does this alot,as he buys on emotion,and product reviews.Fortunately he is quite well off financially,and can afford a mistake or ten!!

Can I PLEASE restate my original question,limiting it to hobbyists(for which it was intended)?ANYONE HAVE THOUGHTS ON THE PEAK CONSULT ZOLTANS?

Sorry EBM(love ya anyway)!!

Best!
Hey Sirspeedy - Off Topic a smidgen: I used to own a pair of Avalon Acent Mk. II loudspeakers, drove them with a Cello Duet 350. What a great system that was - those two seemed to be a match made in heaven. I had tried the speakers with a Mark Levinson 23.5 but it just didn't seem to have enoug juice. Once the Duet 350 came in to play, those speakers were just amazing.

I wound up selling them to a fellow in Belgium who flew to Atlanta to pick them up. He hung out for a few days, we drank beer and watched the Yankees sweep the Braves for the World Series. I'm glad I met him (his name was Ward - very cool guy), but I'm kinda sorry I let the Ascents go - they were one of those historically significant pieces of hi-fi gear that belong in a museum. I sincerely think that the Ascent Mk. II was among the greatest Avalon speakers of all time - if not the greatest.
Stereovox,thanks for the enlightening response.Very nice of you!Though with the class you have shown here,I am not surprised.Not to say I feel Audiooracle is also not a quality person,and I truly understand the feelings/agenda intended.I believe both of you are professionals,and believe in their product lines.Too few dealers(these days) are simply out to sell product.I am amazed at the "NON" level of customer technical suport that many dealers ascribe to.Digital has made them lazy.I am from a time when dealers actually knew how to set up a turntable,and mount an arm/cartridge(that I did not have to re-check).NOW I won't let anyone touch my table/arm/cart!!I do it myself,and know it's correct.

BTW--Just read the latest Hi Fi News with the review of the Zoltans.It was NOT a glowing review,but knowing that reviewer and his room/componentry/musical tastes,this has to be taken into consideration,and I MUST state that anyone interested in any design MUST HEAR IT FOR THEMSELVES!!Particularly with their own program material!!I find it hard to believe that a company like Peak would design a product that sounded too smoothed over( as stated in this review,basically).YET the previous review I have read of the Zoltans was positively a RAVE!!!Here the reviewer stated, emphatically,that the Zoltan was clearly superior to the much more expensive Kharma Mini Exquisite(which is poised to get an over the top rave,in TAS,just watch),and had "more detail" than the Wilson Watt/Puppy 7!Sort of flies in the face of the Hi Fi News conclusion.Lends creedence to my feeling that WE MUST hear these "investments" for ourselves!!

This is the ONLY way for a hobbyist to get a feel for a product.

The review in Hi Fi News is rather meaningless,other than to be a motivation for myself,or anyone else to actually get off our tush,and listen!!

Best to all!!