sub for $3500 or less

started this thread in the home theatre section, but maybe better suited for the speaker forum. just got a great tv and looking for the "super" sub...i'm only running 2 channel and the sub would be for movies...i'm very pleased with my system so far and believe that a bad a** sub is long over due...i very much enjoy movie night...budget is $3500 or less and would appreciate any advice from my fellow audiogon comrads... thanks, brent
128x128knollbrent
I'm running a Paradigm Seismic 12 and it's great for movies ... I can scare the hell out of myself. I had a tough time finding the best position for it; once I did movie have never been the same.

http://www.laaudiofile.com/seismic12.html

BUT

I agree with Myraj however Velodyne DD 15" at your price point... It's in a class by itself. I say 15" assuming your room is big enough to handle it. I have a large room and the 12" works just fine for movies. No use buying a 15" if you can only stand the volume on 1-2 you could get by with a 12". I have demo-ed the DD series a few times and each time I just shake my head for not going that route. 2 channel music is a different story ... but if it's for impact in movies go big!

You should hear "Lord of the Rings" ... Impressive - you will never look back.

Good luck