What's the greatest bargain in SET these days?

Hi, Gang,
I response to my recent review of the Reference 3A De Capo BE speaker, someone wrote that if you really want to hear them sing, you should try them with a SET amp, or words to that effect.
That got me thinking. The De Capo's are 92 db efficient, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems kind of borderline for low-power SET amps.
In any event, right now I'm running mine with a pair of Manley Mahi mono-blocks. They are switchable from triode (20 watts) to "ultra linear" (40 watts). I run them in triode all the time, and in my room, the volume knob almost never goes past 9 o'clock; more would just be too loud.
All that said, what do you guys think of running the De Capo's with a SET amp? And if I did, what's the best bargain in SET's these days?
Thanks!
rebbi
Pavpet: Had a look. Thanks for the tip, I've never heard of Wyetech before. Problem is, those little mono-blocks are over my budget.
I really appreciated the discourse contained in this thread, especially the comments of Brownsfan and Chares1dad!

The title caught my attention because of my son's Klipsch Heresy system and our discussions about his need to try SET's vs using my old Aragon 4004 ss amp.

I on the other hand, am in need of some hefty power to drive my Soundlab M1PX speakers. Although my needs are at the opposite end of the SET power spectrum, my amplifier sojourn definitely concurs with the comments about power being an unreliable predictor of the end sonic outcome. In all sonic areas, a rather highly regarded 350 watt/ch SS amp that I owned, was trounced by 100 watt Class A triode monoblocks, especially in the area of bass and control. So, while power is a point of reference, it (as are a lot of other stats. or specs.) is oftentimes not a very reliable or particularly helpful one.

Being from Indiana, but finding the Blue Ridge Parkway decades ago, we too became smitten with that part of our country, but unfortunately remain residing in IN. So, Brownsfan, congrats on your relocation.....enjoy!!
Hi Mrmb,
Your experience with those amplifiers isn't that unusual.Some speakers sound better with tubes(this includes bass) and others sound better with SS amplifiers. Speaker design and intent are everything. Some SS amps produce over damped bass due to their high damping factor(DF). On the other hand some speakers need this high DF to perform their best. People who suggest higher power amps as the "cure all" for any speaker issues are wrong. There is no universal power amplifier to fit all needs.I believe your son would be very happy with a good quality SET with his speakers.
Charles,
Mrmb, Indiana has been a great place to live, work, and raise a family. People here are friendly and the cost of housing in particular is very favorable. It is not a glamorous location, but there is a lot to like here. I don't feel a compelling desire to leave. It is the draw of the southeastern mountains that motivates me. As long as I am able to hike, I suspect I am going to like my new home. At some point down the road, 10-16 years I hope, I will probably return to some location in the Midwest. Maybe somewhere else.

I have a window of opportunity. My health is good and I have the support of my wife and the financial resources to make the move. It would certainly be easy to stay here, but this is a dream I must chase, or I will regret it once the window of opportunity closes.

It is an experiment for me, much like moving away from Magnepans driven by 1000 WPC ss amps to monitors driven by 8 WPC SETs was an experiment. Hope this experiment turns out as well.