best all-round,full range at $2000

Looking for a full range offering at the 2K price point. I'll be playing orchestral, big band jazz, small combo jazz, male & female vocal bits, solo acoustic instrumentals, and classic rock. So, what say ye? What's the best all-rounder at the 2K mark. New, or gently used works for me~
gregcon57
TVAD wrote: "The Gallo Ref 3 frequency response is 35Hz-50Khz. The owners here no doubt love them, but IMO bass response to 35Hz misses the definition of full-range by at least 5Hz."

If that 5Hz really bugs ya, you have 2 options: Use the Gall SA amp and go flat down to 22Hz or pair them with a subwoofer - which is what I did. Sounds great!!

-RW-
Precisely. The Gallo 3 Refs require the SA amplifier or a sub to reproduce what is commonly considered full range, 30Hz-20Khz. Therefore, IMO, the Ref 3 cannot be considered full range loudspeakers, nor can the Ref 3/SA combo be found for $2000, which is what the originator of the thread was seeking.

No disputing that the Ref3/SA is an excellent loudspeaker system. It just doesn't fit the definition of this thread, IMO.
The missing Vandy 3A Sig arived yesterday and I got em wired in and did some very preliminary lis'nin. They are definately Full-Range and sounded speactacular. Today I'll spend time on positioning/tilt. I'm glad I got em now.
I'm still gonna head over to my local dealer to listen to the Gallo and some other mentioned offerings.
Thanks again, fellas!

Greg