Totem Arros - Set up

Hi,

I building an Arros based 2-channel system for my 16 x 13 x 8 room. My listening position will be like 10 feet from the Arros. I listen to vocals, instruments, jazz and pop. This is what I am going with: Arros and REL Strata 3 (or) REL Stadium 3. But for building this set-up, I need some guidance from you.

1. I am thinking of using a Cary SLI-80 in the future. For now I want to go with either Jolida 302b (or) Primaluna Prologue 2. Which one would you recommend for better system synergy ?

2. Can the 40 watts from Primaluna drive the Arros to sufficiently good volume levels like 90 dB ?

3. Do we need to Bi-Wire Arros ?

4. What Speaker wire (or Bi-Wire) works well with Arros ? I am looking for reasonably priced ones as my budget is limited to $150 MAX for wires.

5. Can I Bi-Wire if I use Jolida 302b or Primaluna prologue 2 ?

6. What Interconencts are recommended between CD Player and Primaluna / Jolida ?

7. What power Source is reasonable choice ? ( $200 MAX )

I will highly appreciate your valuable input and will immensely help in setting up my 2 channel system.

Thanks
Mike
willmi
Post removed 
10-08-06: Bob_reynolds
Tvad, the problem with sending a full range signal to the Arros and, in fact, many speakers with much larger woofers is that the distortion increases dramatically when they attempt to produce bass frequencies.
Yes, I recall reading this now.

Frankly, the lack of a tape loop in the Prologue 2 is a problem with the design of the amp, IMO for exactly this reason. No doubt Mr. Deal would wholeheartedly disagree.
When running my Lightning sub in two-channel mode with the Hawks I simply used the external output (not tape loop, mind you) on my Exposure 3010 integrated, then later my Audio Research preamp had dual outs. I have never felt the need to use the speaker-level inputs and outputs on the subwoofer, although REL claimed that to have the advantage of the subwoofer assuming the sonic characteristics of the original amplifier when their products were hooked up that way.

In my HT setup I'm running the Rainmakers full range and not using the crossover. They can handle the complete signal, and sound better that way.
I don't agree with the PBJ suggestion. They are too bright. The Hero would be much better, smoother, and work well into power/integrated amps.