What dynamic spkr. did you go to from electrostat?

I currently own a pair of ML Summits but considering a dynamic speaker which might offer more impact, however I am not wanting to part with the exceptional mids & highs that a good electrostat brings to the table.

Which dynamic speakers seem to offer the "best of both worlds" out there?

Also am wanting to stick with tube amplification, so has to be something that is decent to drive.

Thanks.
denf
I went from Quad 63's to Paragon Jubilee/Jems (a three way four piece set up using Dynaudio drivers) to Tyler Signature Systems (One piece). In my room the latter are all that I could ask for - they are as resolved, more dynamic, and you can actually play them loud(!). They are relatively easy to set up but really benefit from using good set up procedures.

The Quads require a far more exacting set up and room treatment to perform as well. The Tylers produce a highly resolved image, including height, but are not bright. They are easy to drive with tubes (I get the best results with 80 wts of PP power, but I have 30wt and 35wt amps that volume wise can drive you out of the room. The Tylers bass goes down into the 20's and I think they benefit from more 'iron' than the little amps have. I recently got the Quads out just for fun - I'd never go back for any reason!

FWIW.
I went to a PBN Montana epx speaker from the ML Prodigy. Much cleaner impact on the low end side. Mids are more realistic, However, you will not find a dynamic speaker with the same upper register holographic magic that the panel speaker gives. It is close but not the same.
Which is more realistic is up for debate and personal preference. I would say system synergy and room dynamics will play a good role in your search. Go listen and determine for yourself. Thats the fun part.

There is a coherencey about a well designed dynamic speaker that you will notice over the ML. Once you get to that level of speaker, each has its trade-offs from perfection but all are so darn close it comes down to personal taste. That said, I do miss the magic that the panel gave.
When I designed and built my subwoofer systems (one 2-driver system for each of three front speakers) I was thinking about LF extension beyond the 40 Hz that my MG1.6 can do. However, as things have evolved, they let me go from cone drivers to panel according to the type of music I am playing, just by varying the X/O frequency. I must note right away that this is only possible because my subwoofer systems, which are flat to 20 Hz with a bit of equalization, can also go up to about 400 Hz without distortion. (This would not be true of most commercially produced subwoofers). Also, you need an electronic crossover where the frequency is easily adjusted with a knob. In practice I use X/O frequencies from 40 Hz to about 300 Hz according to the type of music. When I vary the frequency I am really transitioning from cones to panels. There is no doubt that some music eg: loud organ music, benefits from the power capabilities of six big (12 and 15 inch) cones driven by six 600 watt amps! On the other hand, quiet classical chamber music does fine with just the Maggies. Best of both worlds!