Calling for opinions on Escalante Fremonts

Having read those extremely rave reviews on the Fremonts, i went to audition them. i wouldn't say i was "blown away" to the extent as those reviewers. I would appreciate folks who have listened to them extensively can share their thoughts on the strengths and weakneses of the Fremonts.Thanks.
128x128alectiong
Arn't those a like Isobaric dual 12 type config? Look good and compact with some serious punch, but unfortunatley the price is extremely serious too at 15 k a pair right?
What did you not like so much about them would be a start? I was interested in them myself, but then looked at the Audiokinesis Stormbringer which is very similar but at only 2800.00 which is suppose to be a real bargain on those with excellent sound.
Despite the use of that topline Revealator tweeter, in the installation i heard, they didn't quite have the HF extension and transparency i had hoped. the bass was a little underdamped and slowish. Perhaps it was the installation and the electonics.
Heard the speakers at RMAF in 2 different rooms and they sounded ENTIRELY different. I like the setup with the Pass Lab gear very much.

I guess the Fremonts are transparent enough to let the upstream equipment through; question is how much one has to invest in upstream equipment to get the best out of them. But this should an issue with all good high end spkrs out there.

Roy