What's the greatest bargain in SET these days?

Hi, Gang,
I response to my recent review of the Reference 3A De Capo BE speaker, someone wrote that if you really want to hear them sing, you should try them with a SET amp, or words to that effect.
That got me thinking. The De Capo's are 92 db efficient, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems kind of borderline for low-power SET amps.
In any event, right now I'm running mine with a pair of Manley Mahi mono-blocks. They are switchable from triode (20 watts) to "ultra linear" (40 watts). I run them in triode all the time, and in my room, the volume knob almost never goes past 9 o'clock; more would just be too loud.
All that said, what do you guys think of running the De Capo's with a SET amp? And if I did, what's the best bargain in SET's these days?
Thanks!
rebbi
Not arguing which sounds better as they both have tradeoffs I have heard in various preamp designs from Coincident, Supratek and others. I just wonder if direct coupled is the best option for sound quality. The scematic looks pretty simple really on the EP 300b DRD amp. May be worth building a set of these?

Jet, the voltage on a 300b DRD amp is 700VDC!
Yep and that's one of the drawbacks of direct coupled amps...the B+ is usually very high. Especially for a 300b amp.
Grannyring, If you have the spare parts building one would be a challenge but it would probably sound great. Plus you have Jack's notes on the power supply and transformer choice.
Jet, I am going to build a set of 300b amps or heavily modify an exsisting outstanding specimen. Just doing my research now and learning all I can before I decide on the direction. I came close to building the AN Monoblock amps with the two 300bs in paralell. I am not sure I want them transformer coupled however. I would also like the ability to switch from one to two 300b output tubes depending on the type of music being played.

The Manley Neo Classic amps fit the bill and I bet with the right mods/upgrades they could be wonderful. Not sure however, as they are built with circuit boards which I don't as much as point to point wiring.
Hi Bill,
I didn't know that your speakers were that efficient for these types of low power amplifiers. I was under the impression that they require more power to be driven optimally. I believe that a DC 300b SET amplifier would be a challenging but doable project for you. I say have the fun and go for it!
Charles,