Speakers with imaging "Free of the box"

I am aware of several speakers that people say produce an image "free of the box": Green Mountain Audio Continuum, Ohm Acoustics Walsh, Reference 3a DiCapo.

What speakers have you heard that do this?
tvad
Mr T, You need a pre-amp with a mono blend curcuit - then you could get all of the music into one place. You could use a mono amp and save tons of space and set up problems that occur only in multi-speaker set ups. Go for it, you'll never look back(wards). I'll bet those old 57's would be perfect in a mono set up. :-)
Tvad,

You are far too modest. In any case, congratulations and how do they compare to the VR4's...?

You are far too modest. In any case, congratulations and how do they compare to the VR4's...?
Shadorne (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers)

The Sonata III disappear better (image better), and are more refined in the highs and upper mids. The bass is a bit bloomy and uncontrolled relative to the VR4 Gen III HSE. It's a small, niggling point. The VR4 were more resolving overall...really a reference loudspeaker.

My wife and I prefer the appearance of the Sonata III. Each speaker has it's strengths and weaknesses. I'm more apt to forgive a speaker for its bass performance than I am a top end that's too aggressive. So, at this juncture, I prefer the Sonata III overall, but they are not hands-down winners versus the VR4 Gen III HSE, IMO.

As I am still experimenting with amplification, pre-amplification and wire, my opinion may very well shift.
I second Exlibris - MBL 101E, or if your room won't allow them, either the 111 or 116. :)