Harbeth vs. Tyler

Newbie here (long-time musician), looking for my first (and hopefully last) real set-up. Planning a system around a Creek Destiny amp for a moderately sized bedroom. Listen to everything from classical to hip-hop, but not at excessively loud volumes. I've heard good things about both of these brands of speakers, and wanted to know if anyone has experience with both of these and can describe the differences. Unfortunately I'm not in a place where I can audition either of them. I'm particularly interested in the compact 7's and the linbrook bookshelves, but would welcome any general comments as well. Thanks for the knowledge . . .
ooka
Bartokfan hates the way the Harbeths look, hates the British sound and hates poly woofers... but does not mention whether he has actually heard the Harbeths. Please tell me you are not trashing the sound of a speaker you have never heard just to promote your favorite brand? By the way, the poly driver that "looks cheap" is a made exclusively by Harbeth (RADIAL), unlike others who, for good or bad, use "off the shelf" drivers. Frankly, offhand comments like these inspire little confidence in one's opinion.
05-28-07: Bartokfan
Interesting that the comments made on Ty's open forum line up closely with reviews here and on Audioreview.com.
Interesting in what way? In the way Tyler owners would comment favorably on Tyler's website, and also comment favorably on other user-review sites like Audiogon and Audioreview? Seems perfectly natural that comments from the same owners on three different websites would line up.

Ooka ha sto do his own DD...
Bartokfan (Threads | Answers)
Mekka-lekka high, mekka hiney-ho to you too! :)
Cookies? Don't get it. Anyway, thanks, all, for the discussion. Looks like I'll be saving up for some Harbeths. Wish I had the opportunity and time to audition these speakers side by side myself, but I just don't have that luxury. I'll look into Daedalus speakers, too. One last thing, is it safe to assume that the harbeths are a step above the paradigm signatures S2's? Those get good reviews, too, and are more inexpensive (and of course there's no dealer around close by to audition). thanks again . . .
Preliminary search into daedalus on the forums here are very intriguing (just read your review, dodgealum--very nice). Will keep searching.

One more q: do you harbeth owners use a subwoofer with your speakers? (I know Alan Shaw on his website doesn't think they really need a subwoofer.)