Infinity Kappa 8.1 speaker repair-is it worth it?

Hello!
I have a set of Infinity Kappa 8.1s. I love these speakers but I always had problems with the tweeters blowing out. This happened many times.

After the last time this happened it seems that Infinity doesn't make the tweeters anymore, just a repair kit. Problem is that when I removed them I threw them in the trash so the repair kit will be useless to me without the tweeters.

Should I try to get my hands on an after market substitute? I don't have the spec sheet for the speakers and do not know what size tweeter they require.

Should I just get rid of the speakers and get something else?

Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated.
berzin
Blowing the tweeters means you do NOT have enough amplifier power..
As for the speakers, get something else.
Throwing away the tweeter body was a big mistake. FINDING another that will go well is gonna' be hard to do.
You COULD just buy ANY tweeter (try Madisound) and stick it in. For less than $40. Too bright just add some 1 watt power resistors
those tweeters do pop up on occasion on ebay, there were some a week or so ago actually

But I agree, if they are blowing something is wrong & it's not your speakers. You need a better amp!!

I just purchased a set of these speakers & I am amp searching
I had a pair of Kappa 8.1 and ran them with a Sunfire Signature amp rated at 600wpc @ 8 ohms and 1200wpc @ 4 ohms and never had a problem with the Kappas. All of the old Kappa series love lots of power.

You've got to get an amp with testicular fortitude.
The amp I was running was the Carver PM1400, which run
475 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 700 watts per channel into 4 ohms at 1kHz.

So how could not having enough power be the source of the problem?
They are eluding to your amp clipping - which will take out the tweeters. But your carver seems pretty stout to me!