Rel Studio Subwoofer

Anyone out there have any info on the Rel studio subwoofer? Can find info on the studio version II and III but not the original studio if there ever was one.The blue book only lists mkII and mkIII even sumiko lists the studio III as still available maybe was before sumiko bought Rel out.
heykay
The best subwoofer is none if your room is done right and your speakers are good a sub woofer is a bad idea. It can only make your sound much worse!! And if you do use them then you need 2 for good soundstage!!
I agree on the repair comment as I've had lot's of stuff go bad over the years but this sub was NOT very old and they would NOT repair it so I'm NOT a happy customer. My TV needed repaired and it cost $150,and Sumiko wanted $1000+ and didn't even try to fix it.
Remember the old adage; a happy customer tells 10 people an unhappy one tells 100. That's what I intend to do.
I'm just giving my opinion and hope I can save someone from going thru what I did.
If you'd like Rel owners to chime in at this point, I for one would be happy to do so. I've had my Stadium 2 for about 8 years so far. It's worked flawlessly the entire time and is typically left ON for 24/7 most of the time. Have had no experience with Sumiko (I bought it from a local dealership back then), and if it continues its winning ways, I probably won't have to, so I can't attest to them. My experience has shown me that a well designed, well built subwoofer (as these Rel's are) will very often add that last bottom bit of bass extension which even the most extended full range speakers didn't know they'd appreciate in your room. The other really nice advantage I find even more compelling is the added degree of "locked in place" imaging reinforcement they have on the soundstage. Not subtle; remarkable. 2 subs may certainly be better if perfectly matched in performance and dialed-in placement but definitely NOT necessary to fully enjoy the benefits just described. YMMV of course, just my personal experience with the product line. One thing for sure... I've been through 3 different speakers in three different listening rooms (each one happily in their own ways) and they have all benefited from the one constant: my Rel. New speakers are upcoming soon and I have very little doubt again, the Rel stays. Good luck and happy Lissn'n.
To be honest with you I think there are better subs than REL for the price. Even if I never had any trouble with the Stentor I still think it was way overpriced and now that they won't fix it, it's useless. All I'm saying is do your homework before shelling out this much money in case it does need work. I wish I had.