Harbeth M30 vs. Super HL5

Does anyone have experience comparing and contrasting these two speakers? Will the M30s with a good subwoofer outperform the Super HL5? Thanks!
kensetsu
It's a 12 X 20 ish size with a large opening to an ajacent room front right and an entry and hall in back. I've never known how to define this situation, small room with room to breathe?

I found them too light in the bass but I'm used to a sub. I have a Velodyne DD12. I simply used the crossover in the pre amp at 40 Hz and brought the sub up gently until it blended. Sounds wonderful. I've had various smaller more detailed speakers Merlin, Joseph, Sonus, Coincident, Sivlerline and so on over the years. My first impression of the Harbeth is that it's a keeper at last. Comments above about warmth and coherence are consistent with my experience.

I'm thinking it may be a natural to work with a Rel sub bass system. My understanding is that initially Rel's focus was on just supplying the lowest octave or two for larger speakers. I will be doing some measuring tomorrow with the Velodyne system.

Hope any of this helps, I'm a little blurry after a long day.

Larry,
Seattle
Anybody ever consider using the Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofer. The propaganda that I've read suggests that they'll integrate seemlessly with just about anything.... including my ex mother-in-law. Anyone have any experiences that they'd like to share. By the way, I'm referring to experiences with the subwoofer.
Propaganda, ...YES. But it is truth, those are great subwoofers. Add Rel subs to that list as well. Cheers
Darn! I messed up that joke. I meant that they'll mate well with anything, including my ex mother-in-law. oh well. Anyway, I'd like to believe that this is true about the Vandersteen. If it is, then there's no need to look any further for any of us.
I got my M30s today, hooked them up and listened to them for about an hour. Right off the bat, I'll tell you they seem to be cleaner than my B&W 801 Series III, but so far they seem less extended in the highs. Time will tell.