Whats the best $1000 speakers

Hello everyone, I'm starting a new two channel system, and need some new speakers, and a intagrated amp, and cd player. I am interested in the Vandersteen 1c, and the Monitor Audio Silver RS6s, but I am open to any suggestions. If anybody is familiar with these 2 spakers, I would be thankful for any advice, and some intagrateds that would match well with them.

Thanks Again,
Joey
joeygrace321
I'll second or third the Snell suggestion. CV's are wonderful speakers in this range. Another one, a bit more vintage, would be Snell A-III's....they ran around $5K when they launched & still sound like it.
I've heard a lot of speakers in this price range, and settled on a pair of Ohm MicroWalsh Talls. Powered with a Cyrus 8vs2 Integrated, this combo is pretty amazing.

I've had my Ohms for almost 4 years, which has to be a record for me, everything else just lost my interest within a month or less...
joeygrace321, I think its important before suggesting a speaker here that we know how big the room is and maybe the type of music you listen to. This will play a big part of the speaker and integrated, happy hunting

beerdraft
I think a lot has to do with your music preference, room size, upstream components etc. I own a pair of Magnepan mg12 an couldn't be happier. (these come up here on Agon used in the $750 range...thats how I got mine. If your room is large enough, you can often find the larger 1.6 on sale for at or aroung $1k).
I just heard a pair of Klipsch RF62 Loudspeakers yesterday. We played jazz, blues and rock and this pair performed very well for $800 NEW!!! The dealer then played the RF83 and it was amazing how a $800 pair sounded comparable to a $2500 pair of speakers - The speakers were driven by Denon AVR 4308ci at the same volume, same room size. It was impressive...