Which Sub. Rel B-1 or Fathom F-113

Thinking about adding a sub. to my 2-channel system. I have a pair of Martin Logan Summit's. I am still trying to decide if I realy need a sub. with these fine speakers.
What do people think in matter.

Thanks
Russ
russb
Just my own opinion, but I have had stereo REL Stentor IIIs (a few years ago) and now have stereo Fathom F112s and I prefer the Fathoms by a fairly significant margin. The RELs are nice and I enjoyed them but the Fathoms exposed the RELs limitations. The JL subs are the best built I have ever seen (the driver is exceptionally well built) and are tighter, faster, more articulate with more musical nuance while extending so deep it's quite astounding. They are easily integrated and the ARO system really dialed them in for me after I adjusted them manually. In my room and my system at least, they have no equal that I have experienced.

FYI, I have Verity Audio Sarastro IIs (with 11" woofers) and, like you, didn't feel the "need" for any more (or to improve the) bass. I bought the JLs on a lark figuring I could sell them if they didn't help. I can now say they are very much here to stay and didn't just improve my bass response in ALL areas but the entire musical presentation as well. I hope this helps.

Frank
Frank, are you using rolling off the signal to your main speakers with a high pass, or are you just running the mains full spectrum? Thanks, Peter