Any former PSB Goldi owners happy w/new bass?

I have PSB Goldi speakers and would like to upgrade to something more modern. I have had Revel F30's and F32's, and have home demoed Von Schweikert VR2's but didn't find the bass as satisfying as the Goldi's. Maybe I'm a bass freak after having double Advents for years but that's what I like. I'm after more sophisticated highs which I did experience with the F32's but they don't rock the house with a large sound like the PSB's. Anybody move from Goldi's to a full sounding speaker that also has the sophisticated highs I'm after without spending $5000.00+? I know a lot of you are happy (temporarily!) with your systems but I would really like to hear from former or current Goldi owners.
bizango1
What are you using for amplification and speaker cable? I have heard the Golds and own another ported strong-bass floorstander, the Mirage M5si.

I found that the clarity and extension of the midrange on up improved with better speaker cables, plenty of power, and bi-wiring or bi-amping. The latter should be considered mandatory to get the top end to sing.
I have fooled around a fair amount with electronics and wires, SS and tubes. Currently using Parasound JC-1's fed by BAT VK-40 and Arcam CD33T. Syn Res Alpha Sterling Active, Harm Tech Truth Link, and some Signal Cable IC's, Analysis Plus Oval 12 speaker biwire.
I currently use the last version of the Gold i. It still a very good speaker for the money . If youre into rock or country its hard to beat ( great bass ). Im sure there are beter speakers , but they do cost more . Good luck