totem winds any info

i heard and fell in love with the new totem winds. in fact i just ordered them. but i cant seem to find any real info on them anywhere. so just looking for anyone that has them or knows alot about them. im trading up from dali helicon 400 mk2.
ltleo74
few more things I'd like to add to the discussion:
the Winds will probably appear to you, at least initially, as having bolder sound with bigger bass impact.

Dali MS4 and MS5 that I have heard(I'm sure your 400MkII share same Dali house sound) have very fast and articulate bass. They do go plenty deep so the extension of the bass is not what I am talking about. It's the flavor of the bass. Dali have the kind of bass that is fast and impresses you with its definition and detail. Kind of keeps you on your toes.

The bass of the Winds will most likely appear to blow you away with quantity and in comparison to the Dali may sound a bit bigger, slower but will probably have greater impact.

I also think that the Totems do not give you that clear of a window on the recording. Dalis do.

Two different sounding speakers.
Both the Dali and the Totems are outstanding though.

As I said before, i wouldn't hesitate. I'd be happy with either speaker.

By the way, what amplifier are you going to use with the Winds?
the amp i will be using are mcintosh 501's mono. and my preamp will be either my shindo montbrison or i just purchased a mcintosh c2300 that i have yet to open. now i have to say after my second listening i think the winds are more detailed, more of a sound stage. they both disappear wonderfully, but the winds give you more depth, you hear more in the far out corners, they are very crisp detailed not fatiguing at all. they both are wonderfull, really, i am selling my dali's even though i only have about 15 hrs on them. i demo the winds with the same set up in the store as i have at home, (monbrison, esoteric dv60 though the amp was a mcintosh tube, 2275 i believe. also heard the winds with a air amp and conrad. you are right, dalis bass is very quick, and deep, it does catch ou off gaurd because you dont think it could come from that speaker, where the wind, is full deep, more gurth, i
i dont think it is a lat move, because they are so different. the winds are little more at 8500 to the dali 7000. so its a tuff spot. though i'll tell you who ever buys my dali's will get one hell of a deal, since im sellinng the center with it. and they are beyond mint.
you should be fine with MC501 and Mc preamp.

my only issue with the Winds is that they have no grills. I have a curious little boy running around(although he's been good and he respects the stereo system and knows there are concequences if he breaks something), so having speakers with no grills is just a timebomb. I know Totem offers grills, but they are velcro grills and I would hate to have something glued to the speaker cabinet.

Anyway, enjoy!
I would say don't do anything rash. Both are great speakers, but if you only have 15 hrs on the Dalis, and they were new, you're not anywhere near hearing them broken in. The winds wouldn't sound that good with those hours either. a difference of $1500 isn't a huge difference. I think Audphile would agree that you need to let something break in before deciding it works or not. In some ways I prefer the Helicon 800 to the MS4's, and in some ways no, so I don't think it's about price. Let those puppies break in, then bring home the winds and AB in your system, that's the only way to hear them.
I think he already has the Winds at home.

I'd run the Totems for 100 hours and then return to Dali, run them for 100 hours and then switch to Totem. neither pair is fully broken in. Too early to judge anything.

Also, remember, that when switching between speakers, give the speakers some time to settle. Like amps, preamps, etc. they also take time to warm up.

I'd be curious to know in detail how the Winds compare to Dalis in your system.